Thread: Lowa Hunters

Default Lowa Hunters

Anyone know where to find Lowa Hunters in the Fairbanks area? Only place I've been able to find them is Beaver Sports, and they don't have my size. Anywhere else have them that you all know of?

There are several places you can get them in ANC. (Barneys) or you can just order them from Shoebuy.com. Worst case you can get the kenetreks Mountain boots from SW. They don't have quite the torsional rigidity of the Lowa's but they are a very nice boot.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Worst case you can get the kenetreks Mountain boots from SW.
    Worst case. What the...???

I love my Kenetrek Mountain boots. They've got plenty of torsional rigidity for me and their proprietary outsole is far superior in my opnion to the Lowa's. Boots fit everybody differently so try before you buy, but I'd be surprised if you were disappointed in the Kenetrek's. They sell them at Sportsman's Warehouse in Fairbanks.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Shannon View Post
    Worst case. What the...???

I love my Kenetrek Mountain boots. They've got plenty of torsional rigidity for me and their proprietary outsole is far superior in my opnion to the Lowa's. Boots fit everybody differently so try before you buy, but I'd be surprised if you were disappointed in the Kenetrek's. They sell them at Sportsman's Warehouse in Fairbanks.

Jeff
    Sorry the "worse case" was tongue in cheek I own a set of Kene's that I reviewed here. They are great boots and I really like them so far I have only put about 15-20 miles on em but no blisters and they are very comfortable. If you are going to be sidehilling though for extended periods of time then the increase in torsional rigidity may make the Lowas a better choice. I would say the same thing about the lowas versus the Scarpa Liskamm (which may be my next boot and are even stiffer)

Default Sorry, I don't know much about Fairbanks

but if you make it down to Anch. I found them at Barney's and Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking but I finally found my size at (didn't even know it existed) Boot Country on Old Seward near the Dimond Center. I love these boots! I only wish they could do something about the pucker factor on the super steep stuff.