View Poll Results: What's your brand??????????

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • H/H Impertech

35 81.40%
  • Frog Toggs

1 2.33%
  • None, Check these out....

7 16.28%

Thread: Rain Gear....

Default Rain Gear....

Prbly been beat to death, but, toss up for the H/H Impertec or the Fog Toggs. This gear would be for the general hunting season aug-oct. Whats your opinions.........

I picked up some Marmot Precip two years ago for May-August hiking and hunting. If the air temp is decent and it's not a torrential downpour, I really like it. For cooler and wetter conditions, Impertech is probably the way to go.

Default not contest

There is just no way that the Frogg Togg will hold up and take the abuse that the HH will.

I have the Precip shell on my Marmot Thunder Ridge jacket and it makes most short hikes with me in the summer. If I don't have to rely on it for survival and can just abort the trip then it is the way to go. On my September 10 day walk in I will be carrying the HH gear. I wish that I was taking the new sitka gear but $88 for the HH at the sportsmans show vs almost $700 for the new nimbus rain gear!! If it is raining bad enough that I need $700 worth of gear it is going to be in the form of a top of the line tent!

Impertech!! Nuff said!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I picked up some Marmot Precip two years ago for May-August hiking and hunting. If the air temp is decent and it's not a torrential downpour, I really like it. For cooler and wetter conditions, Impertech is probably the way to go.

Yep, good post.

For the ultralight sheep hunter it's all about the Marmot Precip. My .02.

Question where marmot?

I've been using Impertech and it is great stuff, but just too warm for summer hiking and too heavy as well. I've been looking for a deal on Marmot Precip...anyone know of a sale or special code?

I will gladly accept any donations as well

Dang Steep and Cheep had a sale on the Thunder Ridge coat for65% off the other day (~$140). It is actually a pretty good coat the inner liner is comperable to the Mountain Hardware compressor jacket and it compresses into a small thermarest stuff sack (4.5"-13.5"). The outer is essentially a precip shell. I use it as my all round jacket with them combined in the winter and usually the just the inner liner in the summer/fall or just the outer shell for the wind and rain. The jacket is good to about 30* and on it's own, but with a sweater or poly pro pullover I have worn it to 0*. I am happy with the purchase because it filled both my desire for the lightweight rain jacket and my need for a good all around winter jacket.

I have a precip and many others ...due to FL.
    Of all... hand down N.F. DIAD.

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    Yep, good post.

The precip is 5oz over a diad and not even close in air movement and cover in heavy rain.

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    Yep, good post.

Precip is 5 oz over a diad and in no way air or shed rain like a DIAD..

In hiking UL,12... OZ that is a TON.

I have the TNF Venture rain jacket and pants. No complaints so far, light weight, packable and they have kept me dry. Jacket is 13.1 ozs, full zip pants are 13.7. And they are white on the inside like the older precip if you want to wear them inside out for whites.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again