Thread: Testing my new Pack

Default Testing my new Pack

Had to test the new pack and figured 100lbs should be just about right

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Had to test the new pack and figured 100lbs should be just about right

Quality looking trophies you got there, Lujon.

When did you get the pack? I'm guessing mine can't be too far behind, and I'm looking forward to giving it a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by cwh View Post
    When did you get the pack? I'm guessing mine can't be too far behind, and I'm looking forward to giving it a workout.
    Call Barneys they are working on assembling packs but will make it a point to get out the local packs out since it clears working space. I was there to pick up my Tent and they had just recieved the Pinnacle kevlar bags.

I talked to them about a week ago - they were working through the list in the order that people signed up. Can't blame them for that, I just want my pack!

Default What''s the average

time it takes from order to delivery?
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

Couldn't say - I ordered mine around the time of the sportsman's show - Actually, I found my receipt - end of March.

I think they order and assemble in quantity, so there is always a chance that they will have them on hand and you won't have to wait at all, just depends when you catch them in the cycle.

Default X2

Quote Originally Posted by cwh View Post
    Couldn't say - I ordered mine around the time of the sportsman's show - Actually, I found my receipt - end of March.

I think they order and assemble in quantity, so there is always a chance that they will have them on hand and you won't have to wait at all, just depends when you catch them in the cycle.
    I agree with cwh

Default I just got mine too.

I wonder if anyone knows of a good way to carry a hydration system inside. There doesn't seem to be a pocket designed for something like the MSR Hydromedary I picked up.

I love this pack!

I considered putting a bladder in the top pocket of the pack but ended up getting a Camel back that is designed to clip to a packs webbing. It is pretty heavy compared to other products but it is insulated which does help to keep the fluid cool. I think it weighs around 13oz or so. I clip it to the compression stras that cross the rear of the main compartment. There is a pocket under those straps but you can unclip the 2 straps that the bladder is clipped too and it will swing out of the way easily. Not a perfect solution but it does work. If it wasn't for the weight I would love it! You could also fashion shoulder straps out of 550 cord for it and use it as a pack for a moderately long final stalk. I am certainly open to better solutions though!