Thread: Boat Rental for Kodiak Hunt

Default Boat Rental for Kodiak Hunt

Anyone have info on where I could rent an inflatable and small outboard for a deer hunt on the island. Not sure the best way to go on this.

Not sure about a boat, but at one time Jeff Slaughter at Andrew Airways rented gear. 487-2566. You won't need it on the road system and won't be able to get far from the road system in a small inflatable, but it would be useful on a flyout.

Default boat rentals on Kodiak

I was down there in May and Andrew Air still has the inflatables for rent w/motors. They looked to be in good shape also. good luck hunting. Tom

Thanks for the info, I plan on flying out with seahawk, they told me about Jeff Slaughter so I will give him and andrews air a call. Plan on going to the south end. I think a small inflatable would be the ticket to do it right. Trying to rent a cabin for a week in November. around Deadmans. Reports were far more favorable than the North end. But OMG the fuel costs are nutts. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    Thanks for the info, I plan on flying out with seahawk, they told me about Jeff Slaughter so I will give him and andrews air a call. Plan on going to the south end. I think a small inflatable would be the ticket to do it right. Trying to rent a cabin for a week in November. around Deadmans. Reports were far more favorable than the North end. But OMG the fuel costs are nutts. lol
    Yeah, inflatables are the way to go when you're staying in a cabin. Rest assured that anything within walking distance of the cabin will have been well hunted before you arrived.

A precautionary note:

Bloody rubber boats are tasty marshmallows to bears. Period. Pull one up on the beach, and you're very likely to be hunting on foot and buying a replacement raft.

Trouble is, blood gets down under the floorboards and you can't wash it out.

Bring a couple of blue tarps and make every effort to load deer onto those and keep all smells out of the raft. If you still get some blood in the raft, wash it well, then dismount the motor and flip it over for the night. Extra work at the end of a long, tired day, but it will save you in the long run.