Thread: stupid question

Default stupid question

This morning after work while fishing for dollies in the surf I landed a pink salmon. It looked exactly like the picture in the regs on the salmon ID page for a spawning pink. Is that normal for pinks to not be chrome in the surf? It's the first pink I have ever cought in the salt and I was expecting it would be on the chrome side, not humped up and green. Either way is was a good 6-7 lbs on light spinning gear set up for dollies. Pretty fun with several good leaps

I have seen some like that before, and my guess is they either started up freshwater, then came back out or spent enough time in front of the river to start changing. Anyways, they are still a blast to catch on light spinning gear.

CubeCove

Pinks will often turn to spawning colors before leaving the salt.

thanks for the info. Just wondering if what I caught was the norm or out of the ordinary. I guess some will be chrome and some won't.

Has the river action picked up yet? I'm leaving in 2 weeks, be there on Aug. 3rd permanently!! See you then!

Perfect timing, silvers should be hot for you so you can get up here fish and even if your not military you will still be a res just in time to hunt 09!