Thread: Trophy destruction on musk ox?

Default Trophy destruction on musk ox?

What exactly does that mean?

Thanks,

Ryan

One of two things, either sawing through the skull plate or sawing through the horns. I think both are ridiculous.

Just make the cleanest cut you can in the skull plate. A good taxi can pin it together.

Your talking about the trophy destruction required on the unit 22 registration hunt I assume.
    The rerquirement is to bring the horns/skull to a F&G office in unit 22 (I think) which means Nome, and they will destroy the "trophy value" of the horns. What they do is at the Dept. discretion, however, the status quo has been to remove 3 in. off the tip of each horn.
    The trophy destruction is only required if you remove the horns from unit 22.
    A wildlife protection officer may also be able to do the tip removal in places away from Nome, but only if he is in the area anyway.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thanks everyone for your responses, and yes Martentrapper I was talking about 22.

Default atleast 3 inches

its atleast three inches....so depending on who does it and how they feel that day....and probably what kind of attitude you have towards them getting cut.....or you might get lucky and the person isn't there and the lady in the office says to do it yourself...not really sure if thats lucky or not.....but atleast you know its not gonna be more than three inches.....the fact of the matter is hardly any of the muskox taken would ever make the record books anyway
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"