Thread: Anti gun jerks still don't get it.

Default Anti gun jerks still don't get it.

So now they will just ban semi-autos,,, it shows that they really only have one agenda. Controlling us....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,377203,00.html
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Seems to me that semi-auto handguns are a "class of weapons" and one in common use by Americans. A ban on these products would put a finger in the eye of Scalia's opinion on the Heller case and would be no different than an outright ban on all handuns with which they were just defeated.

Sounds like another lawsuit down-the-road and one that D.C. would lose again. And you are right, it is about control. They can't control the criminal element there so they just go ahead and try to control the non-criminal element. makes sense, right?

We won a major consitutional battle... I'll focus on that for now and let the idiots blow on the remnant coals of their now largely extinguished anti-American pow wow they had going on down their in DC and laugh. Sure as hell won't live there though!

Mark

From the article:

.....Current city law defines a "machine gun" to mean "any firearm which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily converted or restored to shoot: a) Automatically, more than one shot by a single function of the trigger; b) Semiautomatically, more than 12 shots without manual reloading.".......

......Mendelson said he does have a limit to what he thinks is safe.

"I think an individual possessing a handgun that can fire 18 rounds that is loaded and can fire 18 rounds semiautomatically is a problem for public safety in the District," Mendelson said. "I don't know what the correct number is, but something less (than 18 shots)."......
    What an idiot. What's the difference between firing 12 or 18 rounds from a single magazine, or firing 100 rounds from a speed loaded revolver?

These people truly are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    From the article:

What an idiot. What's the difference between firing 12 or 18 rounds from a single magazine, or firing 100 rounds from a speed loaded revolver?

These people truly are clueless.

That's putting it mildly. I would use more colorful language, but this is a "family" friendly website.............
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Default Let's Applaud Mayor Fenty...

While I agree with all of you that the DC leaders are a bunch if lunatics, we do need to recognize and applaud their efforts in one sense...it was Fenty's arrogance and ignorance that caused him to push the case to the Supreme Court, which has resulted in the SC stating for the first time ever that the 2A is an individual right.

If DC had just cooled their heels last year after the Circuit Court ruled against them, and tried to retool their law rather than appealing to the Supremes, we wouldn't be charging forward in Chicago and San francisco as we are currently, with relevant case law in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What's the difference between firing 12 or 18 rounds from a single magazine, or firing 100 rounds from a speed loaded revolver?

It has been awhile since I took a math class, but I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 82-88 rounds?
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    Originally Posted by Mark
    What's the difference between firing 12 or 18 rounds from a single magazine, or firing 100 rounds from a speed loaded revolver?
    It has been awhile since I took a math class, but I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 82-88 rounds?
    Vewy witty.

All of these anti-gun org, have one thing in common, MONEY! How do you think the anti-gun world took that decision. It must have had an effect on the money brought in to fight the "good fight". This more than any other reason they are making noise right now. I about fell out of my chair, when I heard the chairman for "The Center To Prevent Gun Violence" Say that his org has all ways been pro-gun!

What is going on now is simply the anti's letting the faith full know, there still there.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson