Thread: Help! need to find relatives a salmon

Default Help! need to find relatives a salmon

My neice and her boyfriend are here and spending lots of their money in our state and just love it. I want to find them a salmon to catch. Up the Parks was awful this weekend. No Kings even came into GOOSE creek, and Montana was worse than the Russian as far as people, however everyone was very polite.

I'm considering the Russian water falls area in the AM. Can anyone give a report for the 600 yds down stream from the waterfall area?

With visitors and salmon fishing, timing is everything. I can't say how they are doing on the Russian but that's probably where I would go right now if I didn't have a boat. Good Luck

Take them up to clear creek with Mahays the kings are in.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Take them up to clear creek with Mahays the kings are in.
    If they're willing to pay for a guided trip, an even better guarantee of success would be a Talkeetna River king trip with either Mahay's or Tri-River Guide Service. Sounds like the fishing is pretty decent up that way right now. Or...you could go down to Homer and go out on a half-day halibut charter with Alaska Coastal Marine. The halibut aren't big (~20lbs), but success is nearly guaranteed.

Clear Creek was a killer this past weekend.

Thumbs up Mahay's and clear

I fished with them on saturday. Went out on a half day with Craig. Hooked 3. Lost 2 of them. The one i did land was a 42.9 pounds. 1st king trip I have taking in years and years.
    Last edited by alaskachuck; 11-19-2008 at 20:27.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Nice fish Chuck.

Thumbs up thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmo1977 View Post
    Nice fish Chuck.

Not the biggest king in the world but after not chasing them for around 15 years and getting one first time out like that was nice. What made is very special is that my mom was right beside me listening to me ummmmmm "talk to the fish" and watching me have a blast.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Possibly some reds at Klutina within a week or so...

Looking at the spike on the copper river charts, there may be some reds getting into the Klutina around the 13th or 14th. It's a little bit of a drive, but could be worth it... Do the speed limit though, I got a ticket a couple of weeks ago. The only car I saw on the road was the trooper behind me...