Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunters Choice Taxidermy!

Default Hunters Choice Taxidermy!

Any of you know the status of Mark at Hunters Choice Taxidermy. I've had a large brown bear hide in there for years and havn't been able to get a hold of him for years. I'm sure I'm not the only one with game in his shop. Any ideas?
    Phil in Anchorage.

never heard of him, where bouts is he?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Is he out here in the Valley on farm loop road?

Still listed in the yellow pages at 907-562-2207. Shop is off of W 45th in Anch if the listing is correct.

Default Hunters Choice

He is here in Anchorage. His shop was/is a couple blocks off the SE corner of Artic and Tudor. I don't think he's been in business in years. I talked to him a couple years ago and he said he was starting to work on the slope and in his spare time was going to get his taxidermy work caught up. He gave me a new local cell # and said he'd get on my bear soon. I havn't been able to get a hold of him again since and the cell # isn't good any longer. Every time I go by the shop or call his # I get a Hunters Choice recording. Several years ago a friend of mine had to get the BBB on him to get something back. I guess I may just have to write him off. His name is Mark Louther. Not 100% sure on the spelling of the last name.
    Phil in Anchorage

Default Hunters Choice

Thanks AKdoug. I just posted my last message after your without checking first. I've had numbers for him for 16 years. He's always been a bit slow but did do good work the little bit he's done for me. He has a 10' hide of mine that I would just like to get back. I'm willing to give up the $1000 or so dollars I have invested.

Phil in Anchorage

I'm in the same boat. Mark has a grizzly hide, skull and a good chunk of my cash. He has had these for about three years. All calls go un answered. I would certainly like to get a few people together that Mark has ripped off and take legal action.

Business license expired 12/31/2003. No occupational license on record. Address listed is the one you have. Last name *******.
    Last edited by fullkurl; 07-08-2008 at 09:52. Reason: PM personal info please...

You might get either ADF&G or the Feds involved. I'm sure they would be interested in what he's done with those hides. Trafficking in wildlife parts, as we all know, is a very MAJOR no no.
    A taxi here in Juneau got himself in huge trouble many years ago for just this sort of thing.

Sorry, but if I have .01 invested plus the hide you could bet your arse I'd be pursuing it. Sounds like enough people to get a large suite on this company. I would pursue this if I were you.

Default suit he**

I would have to finish this the good old fashion way and get my hides and money back period!! Paying lawyers and waiting on the court system you'd be waith another 3 years.

Default Call the cops

and report the trophy stolen. This is a felony theft. Jail time, states's attorney is your lawyer. Slow is one thing, but not communicating is another.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I know he had a shop full of stuff when he went off rador so there has to be many people getting the shaft. I saw Marks brother the other day at a distance. I couldn't remember his name and when I went looking couldn't find him. Maybe it's time to go through the phone book and look for relitives. I think all the hides and stuff are still in his shop if we could just get someone to let us in. I havn't given up just yet I guess.

Phil in Anchorage

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    I would have to finish this the good old fashion way and get my hides and money back period!! Paying lawyers and waiting on the court system you'd be waith another 3 years.
    Boehm, your "good old fashioned" way of dealing sounds like plenty of time away from family--in jail!

I feel for PP, it's a bad deal all around and I'd be pretty po'd too; but I've never seen a hide worth a criminal record...
    PP, try finding the guy and go through proper channels; hang in there.

OOOOH, sorry for the misunderstanding. No trophy in the world is worth a criminal record. I wasn't clear I guess. I was just hoping that by contacting relitives maybe I could get the hide back. My guess is that by now there are so many people after him he's in hiding.

Phil in Anchorage
    Not looking to go to jail!

Default report Stolen

I like the idea of that but I also would go get what is mine and if that resulted in someone with a black eye so be it.

Figured I'd knock the dust off of this one. I know most of you are still around here.

Any resolution?

It would be nice to hear a happy ending to these stories or even some sort of movement.

Default Hunters Choice Taxidermy!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    It would be nice to hear a happy ending to these stories or even some sort of movement.
    Circa 2008 Rob
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Circa 2008 Rob
    I noticed that and wondered what prompted you to drag it back up? Still would like to know what happened if anything. There are too many taxidermist issues in Alaska and way too many threads started on here about them. Had my own issues a while back that were somewhat resolved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast