Thread: Mounting a transducer is scary!

Default Mounting a transducer is scary!

Hey All, I am in the process of mounting my new fishfinder on a 20ft SeaArk. What are the recommendations when mounting the transducer to the transom? I know its a necessary evil but the idea of putting holes in a boat is scary. What do you use to seal the holes/screws? Thanks.

Measure twice and drill once! I use marine 5200 to seal the screw heads etc. Hasn't failed me once. It doesn't come off easy so be careful what you get it on.

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

I welded a bracket on the back of my 24' Seaark then mounted the transducer. No holes in the hull.

I found a small pice of wood about the size of my transducer and thicker than some screws i had laying around. i got some waterproof rubbery glue and just glued the wood to the hull. then i used the screws to screw on the transducer. so far it has stayed on with no troubles. to bad gas is so expensive i have only been able to use it once
    i have a 20' sea ark as well.

Didn't I just post something about this the other day??? I just ripped out an old one and drilled in a new one, it was really fun! Holes everywhere!!! JUST DO IT!!!

Thanks for all the advice. For the time being I bought a suction cup mount, fabricated a mount out of a piece of scrap aluminum and mounted the sucker up. Its not for high speed running but I will be getting a piece of square tubing welded to the back and will permanently mount the transducer to that.