Thread: Evening in hatchers pass

Default Evening in hatchers pass

Just an afternoon hiking with the kids! We went up Hatchers to the parking area at the lake. We hiked west along the creek and then decided to scale the 500 verticle feet up to this rock that reminded the kids of Pride Rock from "The Lion King". Well it was hand over hand most of the way up but the kids listend pretty good and only scared me 20 times or so. If we decide to do anything that steep again we will take ropes and helmets for the kids!! As it was I just made them move one at a time directly above me. They were dissapointed that I wouldn't let them go out on the rock but they were a little TOOOO comfortable runing around up there (ahhh to be young and invincable again <grin>)! Luckily we found a more gradual slope for the decent. I doubt the pics do it justice but my nalgene bottle fell out of my pack and bounced over a hundred feet down the mountain!

Me and my boys! The one in blue is like a dang mountain goat!! He jumps all over the place with 0 fear! Thats ok though I was scared enough for both of us.

"Pride Rock"

Me and the little man standing on the rock for a photo op

The Mountain Goat!

The "pack mule" We weighed his pack right at 15lbs and he never complained a bit

Wonderful pictures! Good looking boys you have there, too!

Great pics dude. looks like you got some sheep hunting companions in training, good thing you opted to cut out the smokes, they'll be hard to keep up with in a few years!