Thread: North River River boat

Default North River River boat

Anyone have one? Pros or cons? Thanks.

Which one are you looking at? I have a North River skiff, and I love it. It's a beefy boat. When I upgrade, however, I'll be comparing the North River to Boulton boats. They are both very comparable, but from what I understand, the Boultons are cheaper, but just as beefy.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default 21 foot commander

i love my boat. top speed near 50 and will run 6 inches with ease although i dont put it to the test much. i regularly run out of whittier 80 to 90 miles paying attention to the weather. great all around boat. if i had the chance to id get the wider beam model as it dosent take much to fill it up with camping gear and fuel. havent had any problems except the batteries made me call for assistance once and the depthfinder switch needs replaced.

I love my North River!!!!!

Just finished putting a fresh paint job on her so she' ll go another 12 years.

It may not run as shallow as a sport jon or an extreme shallow but it will run shallow enough to make you pucker real tight.

Have a 1993 20' NR w/ 351 Redline. Runs real strong. Have had it out of Whittier and Seward and it did fine (good seas). Built extremely solid.

Default NR Seahawk

I have a 22ft NR Seahawk that I take out of Whittier. She has aluminum floors and a self-bailing deck with a strong-framed soft top, in floor fish well, and twin transom wells which I use for bait and tackle rigs. Also has the deck wash down and twin auto bilge pumps. Do the research and compare against other brands. I did side by side against several others and I chose NR. The design and quality of construction won me over. My boat has proven herself in some trying conditions and can certainly handle much rougher seas than I care to try again.
    I run twin Merc 115's so she has plenty of power, I put a powerwinch up front for pulling the anchor and a Safe-T-hauler pot puller in the rear for the shrimp pots. She runs and fishes very well but if I was rich..................

Longer of course! That means MORE power!

Bigger Tank (70gal now)

PM me if you have questions.

Ed

My first year with a 21' Commander. I love it! Plenty of room for the "War Department", two teenagers, two lab dogs and myself. Oh yes, don't forget the fishing gear. Been out to Deshka several times and took my first trip out of Whittier last Thursday. We went a few miles up Deshka and slide over gravel that was only ankle deep. It was a bit nerve racking when doing it the first time. I hope in the next few years that I am still in love with the boat. I'm sure I will be.

Is there a dealer in Alaska? Thanks for the info.

I just bought a 24 North River O/S. The boultons were the same price, but I felt like I got a lot more boat with the North River. The Boulton was 2000 less, but I had to ship it +1000