Thread: New to REloading, Need some Help.

Default New to REloading, Need some Help.

ANyone know where I can find the load data on Remington Golden Sabre bullets in 165gr 40 cal? Place to order them? what powder to use?

also looking for a set of calipers: should I get the digital one or the standard dial one? Which one? I"m looking on ebay and there seem to be a ton of them on there. What kind of measurements do I need to get down to?

usage: looking to load 40 s&w and 44mag

Thanks!

I like my digital caliper, but that doesn't make it any better than dial calipers - just a little quicker for the hare-brained. And you'll want to keep a spare battery on hand for the digital ones.

For most reloading jobs you'll be fine with one that measures to the thousandth of an inch - .001"

If you plan to push your loads above the max or load with components for which you don't have published data (not recommended for the beginner), you'll want a caliper that can accurately show you case head expansion - to the ten thousandth of an inch. That's .0001"

Thanks Mauser! Do the batteries get run down pretty quick?

Default Nope

Mine uses watch batteries. They've lasted well.

But I keep a spare because my reloading time without work constraints, kids taking attention, actually spending time with my wife, walking the dogs, etc. is limited, and when I get two hours I don't want to spend them buying a battery.

Dial calipers need no juice.