Thread: Pinks and chums

Default Pinks and chums

Any pinks showing up at bird creek yet? Any chums anywhere?

Thumbs up Dead

I was in hope this morning the 4th. 4 of us and not a single pink seen or hooked by us or any of the other 10 folks fishing. Water is raging fast and high above the bridge but fishable below it. Nobody was even fishing a bird
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Still a bit early I would think. Give it another week or two before the party starts.

I did see the Deshka weir is starting to see some pinks, so they might start showing up in the valley soon.

What about chums? Still trying to find places to catch good numbers and when they will arrive.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

In a couple weeks I think you would have equal chances of catching pinks, chums or silvers at Willow creek or any Parks Highway stream. If you use a Pixie or Vibrax that is. If you use bait you will most likely narrow your catch to mostly Silvers then.

We also catch a couple chums and pinks while fishing for silvers on the Little Su.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

We'll be camping in Hope this weekend with the hopes of getting the kiddos into some pinks. Will report when I get back.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Thanks for all the info. Is there good fishable numbers of chums in the parks highway streams? I hear they are one of the hardest fighting of the salmon. I want to tie into a couple for kicks. On a side note, I landed a 46# 49.75" male king at sheep on saturday. Tomato red and not marked up at all. He's going to go on the wall. That was prolly the best tussle I've ever had with a fish. 45 min total fight, I'll post a pic up when I get them.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"