Thread: Hatcher Pass treks

Default Hatcher Pass treks

Hey everybody,

I just went to Hatcher Pass last weekend and stayed at the Lane Hut. Man, those mountains are INCREDIBLE!!! I have been going there for more then 15 years now and that place still blows me away. However, asides from hiking the Gold Mint Trail and going up the back door pass to the glacier, I have never done any major trekking up there, such as the mint to lane glacier trek and so forth. Has anybody here done any such treks up there? Maybe Lane to Reed Lakes, Snowbird glacier, Bomber glacier, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I went to Bomber Glacier and crossed out to the crash site. My guess it is still under snow this year. Here's the link to the short thread about that hike last year.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=bomber
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Quote Originally Posted by marcbow View Post
    Hey everybody,
    I have never done any major trekking up there, such as the mint to lane glacier trek and so forth. Has anybody here done any such treks up there? Maybe Lane to Reed Lakes, Snowbird glacier, Bomber glacier, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
    If you are looking for trail information in that area check out A Walk-About Guide to Alaska Volume 3 Palmer Area & Hatcher Pass. Very good resource for that area's trails.