Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex Trail decision Update

Default Rex Trail decision Update

Decsion stands for now, they have not gone thru the appeals yet the way I understand it.

Heres a link

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/mlw/rextr...nt/updates.htm

They are asking for groups that want to do trail repair to step forward. Anyone that is interested PM me and I'll try to put something together.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Just curious on how many hunters will this affect?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Just curious on how many hunters will this affect?
    Maybe 20 rigs with 2-4 guys each probably use the Rex. Just a guess on my part, but this will affect many others as now these guys will have to go to "someone" else's area. Most of the areas these rigs went on the Rex are to far and to inaccessible for ATVs. The second river is more than 30 miles from the highway and if its a wet year 20 miles of that is misery.

I don't hunt there but the trail head where I hunt is within 50 miles of there so I'm not looking forward to 10 susv's in camp with me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Thanks....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Rigs for sale

I am not sure how many guys this will effect, but I have noticed a large amount of large rigs for sale lately.

Default conditions

Just wanted to know what the conditions on the rex trail were. Camped on the power line last year and then got back almost to the second river on 4 wheeler.

it's wet
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

It was ok back to 7 mile lake and then muddy their but the clear to the first river. Is it worse that that this year?

How far of a wheeler ride on average is it just to shoot a cow moose via the registration permit?

We saw cows about 1 mile west of the first river. All on the north side. About 1 mile from the river their is an area that is open on both sides of the traio. Go north until you get to a swamp and the stop. There were four cows and two calf their.

I hope this doesn't sound too ignorant but when you refer to the first and second rivers you mean the Totatlanika and Wood, right?

First is the totat, then tat, gold king, then wood. Roughly 15 miles between each. And the registration hunt is supposed to change this year.

The Registration hunt for cows is not reachable from the Rex. You will have to go in from the Delta side. In other words no more cow hunts on the Rex. As for the rivers first river is the Totatlanika, 17 miles in. Second river is actually Tatlinka Creek, 27 miles in. The Wood is between 50 and 60 miles, I've never measured it.

We have had a wet summer here in Fairbanks this year. The Rex will be more suitable for air boats than wheelers this year. I'm not going there, the mud will be too nasty. I'm going to float this year.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

I actually have a DM769 any bull permit and a lot of guys talk about the rex trail which seems like a long ways to me by wheeler, but the boundary changed from the Tat to the Wood sometime after '06 according to the F&G maps. I'm trying to figure out some alternate methods of wheeler access (sounds like Delta) or my jet boat via the Tanana (or wheeler in the jet boat). Any experience in this department?

Has anyone been on the trail that goes south from 7 mile lake and up into the mountain?Heard it goes to the rex dome.

F&G divided 20-A into 7 zones in 2006 or thereabouts. Now X number of permits are given out through drawings for the different zones. Your permit will have the boundaries of the zone you may hunt in. Some of those areas are virtually inaccessible with out an airplane.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

Their is a small cabin on the west side of the tot on the rex trail . It has a sign that say "Rex Trail Hilton. Does it belong to anyone or is it free to use if no one is in it? Does anyone know.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default cabin

I live on the REX in clear... I dont travel it much as it is always torn up.. as forthe cabin there is an old timer named Less. has coffee at the clear sky most days around 9 -11am. he knows most of the cabins and has one or two back there past the family that owns the lake front at 7 mile. Sandee Rabideaux is the owner of the lodge.. give her a call 582-2251 and leave a message for Less i am sure he would be willing to talk to ya...

Was just wanting an update on the condition of the trail. Has anyone been on the trail in the last week? Was going to try to get back to the second river. plan on taking 2 days to get back their with looking around and the MUD and WATER. thank you slickmict

Default Same question

I have an ATV with tracks...with gear under 1500lbs...wanted to head back into Zone 4 for moose...any good creeks etc that one can head back with caneo back there??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast