Thread: 2 thumbs up for Alaska_Chuck and Bullbuster!

Default 2 thumbs up for Alaska_Chuck and Bullbuster!

I just wanted to shout out some props to Kevin aka Bullbuster and Chuck aka Alaskachuck! You guys are AWESOME!!!

Kevin, you were very gracious volunteering to supply my wife and I the gear we needed for our fishing trip! I was glad that I was able to leave you with some extra supplies for your future fishing trips. I was so blown away by all of the fine folks from this site willing to lend a hand to make our trip exciting and trouble free!

Chuck... you were unbelievable with your constant answers over the phone helping this lost Arizonan trying to locate the fish! Wendy and I were so glad to meet you and June! I'm looking forward to many more trips to your great state and to see if you actually can catch a rainbow trout or if those pics are just photoshopped!!!!! LOL

We were both touched by the pleasant and friendly people we met and had the fortune to encounter on and off the water. I crossed many a line and tangled with plenty of other fishermen, but all were friendly and willing to lend a hand. I was so surprized to not even receive a scowl from a couple of my bone-headed casts!

Out of all of the states I've lived in and visited, I'd have to say that hands down, Alaska has the friendliest and most courteous folks ever!

Thanks again to Alaska_Chuck and Bullbuster! You guys really made our trip and Wendy and I will always cherish your friendship!

Default Blushing Bright Red

John, it was a pleasure. Get your butt up here and you can get some of those rainbows and dollies too. No photo shop required. I hope this was the first of many meetings with great people and good times. It is just a pleasure to help out great people like you. Remember the dates i gave you for the fall Im sure Wendy is tired of hearing about them all ready. See you in september for some cold beers and great fishing and good times around the fire
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    John, it was a pleasure. Get your butt up here and you can get some of those rainbows and dollies too. No photo shop required. I hope this was the first of many meetings with great people and good times. It is just a pleasure to help out great people like you. Remember the dates i gave you for the fall Im sure Wendy is tired of hearing about them all ready. See you in september for some cold beers and great fishing and good times around the fire
    17-29 September!!!!
    (no I didn't forget)

Good man. Im heading to hope tomorrow to me Jedi Salmon Slayer from Fairbanks. Gonna see if we can hook a few early pinks on our 5wts. Then up to clear creek on saturday for kings and bows, Hopefully Ill have pics and a video or two. Get that money saved septemver will be here soon
    Last edited by alaskachuck; 07-03-2008 at 21:07. Reason: my great spelling

Great Post! That's the kind of spirit and enthusiam that represents the true Alaska experience.
    Last edited by Steelieguy; 07-03-2008 at 21:13. Reason: spelling

Default chuck--- clear creek?

chuck I have heard about clear creek, is this the one up the talkeetna? If this is the same piece of water your talking about I wouldn't mind learning how to get up the talkeetna to clear creek with my Woolridge sport.

Yes that is the one. My mom and Steve Mahays wife are good friends so we are going out with them. Ill let you know how it is. I used to run my duck up the yentna and all but have never done talkeetna in my 26 years up here. Hopefully ill post some pics and Il make sure to shoot some video

Thumbs up You are more than welcome

John,
    It is always a pleasure to help a gracious guest. You thanked me just by having the fun that you did.
    I am just passing on the tradition of lending a hand.
    If my buddy ever shows uo we are heading to Seward today for the butts.

Oh, thanks for all the stuff. I am taking my new cooler today!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it