Thread: need load data for bolt action 450 marlin

Default need load data for bolt action 450 marlin

I have a Winchester that I had rebarreled to a 450 marlin and I am looking for some good loads for it. I know it will handle more pressure than standard 450 loads for the marlins. I had some made up for the 400 grain kodiak bullets but I think that they are out of business because I can't find the Alaskan bullet works or kodiak bullets on the web anymore. If any one has good data please let me know or maybe a source for kodiak bullet!

Nice little rifle, I've shot a couple made on the Ruger 77 action and one MRC actioned rifle. I have load data, what powders are you using?

The Kodiaks are still being made I talked to Karl there about a month ago, they'll ship directly to you or I have some of their bullets for the 450.

If you want data for the 400 or 450 grain Kodiak I have that with a couple different powders. What do you have in mind?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Load data for the 458 x 2 inch American should work.
    Of course that round is downright snappy to begin with. Another 150 fps will not make any difference to whatever gets hit by it....just your shoulder and your case life.

Got any photos.....????
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

This thread has aged a bit but I'm hoping to stoke it up. Has anyone had any success developing or researching loads for bolt actions chambered in 450 Marlin?

Float Pilot makes a great point about 458x2 being a solid place to start for this info. Unfortunately I can't find much info on 458x2 other than a few magazine articles and a paragraph or two in COTW.

I'm a real fan of these projects and have some skin in the game as I'm working on one myself. My initial interest is in loads featuring spitzer projectiles but I'm also interested in all projectile types. The double bonus of using bolt actions over lever actions for the 450M is the combination of higher pressure thresholds and the stacked magazine instead of the tubular allowing for higher BC projectiles.

try reloadersnest.com, just checked it out and there are a few loads listed for that 458 american as well as a good number of listings for the 450 marlin, good luck