Thread: mount

Default mount

100_2242.jpg

100_2244.jpg
    Thought you guys might like to see a job I just finished for a customer of mine.

Hey, those look real nice.

Default mount

Just curious what does a full body mount like that black bear usually cost to have done?

Default Nice Work

Dang, I think I could smell that rotted caribou it was so life-like.

You did an awesome job. Those mounts look really, really good. What part of the state you in? Have you done any goat or sheep mounts?

Wow, great work!

I am a nit picker on mounts, alot of them don't do the animal justice, i.e. eyes not set right or wrong coloration, antlers and horns not set right, lips and nose are set wrong and such, but, I will give you a thumbs up on all of those, very nice work!

Who do you work for? PM me the name if you don't wish to share on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    What part of the state you in?
    Looks like a pine tree behind the first mount so he must be out of state? Great looking mounts , regardless. Nice job.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Wow, great work Gladetop! I really like the wolves, you did great shaping their faces.

Thanks for the good words. Yea, I am from out-of-state. I will be in Anchorge in a few weeks with my wife while she's interviewing at the hospital. (shes in the medical field) We might (god willin) be moving up there. Is there a chance of getting a job doing taxidermy? I have had my own shop for 10 years but I realy dont want to open up a new shop and compete with the locals, I'd rather just work for one. Anybody have any suggestion on shops to visit when I am up there in a few weeks?

your questions
    $2300 for the black bear with the salmon
    Yea, I have mounted several goats and sheep ( I will be finishing a monster goat from B.C. when I get back from Ak in a few weeks, I will post a pic when I get done).
    I work for myself as of now. I am in missouri. I officially closed my shop last fall so I could get my back log finished before we move.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by gladetop View Post
    Thanks for the good words. Yea, I am from out-of-state. I will be in Anchorge in a few weeks with my wife while she's interviewing at the hospital. (shes in the medical field) We might (god willin) be moving up there. Is there a chance of getting a job doing taxidermy? I have had my own shop for 10 years but I realy dont want to open up a new shop and compete with the locals, I'd rather just work for one. Anybody have any suggestion on shops to visit when I am up there in a few weeks?

your questions
    $2300 for the black bear with the salmon
    Yea, I have mounted several goats and sheep ( I will be finishing a monster goat from B.C. when I get back from Ak in a few weeks, I will post a pic when I get done).
    I work for myself as of now. I am in missouri. I officially closed my shop last fall so I could get my back log finished before we move.
    Thanks again
    Check your PM....

two things, thank you for not putting moss under the bears feet, i hate seeing lazy taxidermy work for hidin' bolts holding bears up...drives me crazy, nice job.
    and that standing bear mount, is that an altered form?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Very nice job. How long did it take you with the black bear?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thanks for the info, AKDSLDOG and spoiled one.
    BRWNBR- Thanks for the comments. That form is slightly alterded on position and extremely altered to fit the bear. Its a research form that was just not sculpted right.
    Alaska Gray- I cant say how much time I spent on just the bear. All 3 mounts are going to the same guy so I worked on all of them (plus a couple other non-alaskan mounts) at the same time. Plus I do all my own base work and woodwork so its been a on and off project for several months.

I love the bear with the salmon, good faces on these animals. Have you done any cats? My friend has a bobcat he wants done eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    I am a nit picker on mounts, alot of them don't do the animal justice, i.e. eyes not set right or wrong coloration, antlers and horns not set right, lips and nose are set wrong and such, but, I will give you a thumbs up on all of those, very nice work!

Who do you work for? PM me the name if you don't wish to share on the site.
    I second that....dang nice work my friend. Those wolves are awesome.

Default form?

Hey Gladetop Nice Job On The Brown Bear Which Research Maniken Form Was It I Have A Customer That Is Looking At Research Form L-2182? Looks Very Close. 71/2 X 19 1/2 X 74 X 96 A Good Size Brownie? Was There Alot Of Alterations Required? Thanks Again. All The Mounts Look Good