Thread: Kings in Salcha

Default Kings in Salcha

Anyone have any idea when the kings will be running in the Salcha and Chena Rivers? Thanks in advance

Kings are in the Chena.

Fished hard for about 3 hours today with zero luck, did'nt even see any. Went to the fish counter on way out and they weren't even on the dam counting!

Forgot to mention I was fishing by boat. Roe and quiky, no luck with either.

It is still a little early for Kings in the Chena and Salcha. There have been a couple of Kings spotted on the Chena tower since Monday. At the beginning of the week they started catching fish in the test wheel in Nenana so give them a little more time. Also the rain in the headwaters of the Chena haven't been helping any because it has caused the water to be fairly high and muddy.

On the Chena for the counting tower there has been somebody out there 24 hours a day since Monday morning at 0000.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default kings in the goodpaster?

last week my boss went to the mouth of the goodpaster and his wife apperantly seen a big fish roll. i am assuming it was a king as she said she seen its back and tail. im not too intrested in king fishing that far up north but was just wondering if kings are in there.

Still a little early, the date on this photo was 22 Jul 2007
    Salcha King

Steve

Default kings

well the earliest i have seen kings on the china is back in 04 i caught 16 in 6 hours off nordell(sp?) awesome day fishing but since it seems like the runs have gotten weeker and later. that year i ended up landing 39 on the chena but last year only 2 were are all the fish goin? well again this years kings are ruined for me since im im CALI for the military right now and dont get back till early AUG. well happy fishing every one and good luck.

matt

Default are the kings there yet?

Does anyone have info on Salcha? I was hoping to get there this weekend for some king fishing from the shore. Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks.

They are starting to show up. Averaging about 100 a day. I will be giving it a try tomorrow in the AM.
    Link to the count.
    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Regio...L/qResults.cfm

Steve

They are starting to show up in fishable numbers. Limited out in 3 hours from my boat.

Good Luck All

Steve

what does the meat look like on the fish posted? does anyone have any photos of that? I used to live up in FBX, and I knew a bunch of people targeted kings but I never saw what the filets looked like...

Default way back when..

..I was really green - I caught a king from the Salcha - beautiful fish - still fun to catch - but the ole saying - - "Good Nuff For The Smoker" ain't always true........

After eating a King with Sea Lice still on it - you won't want to eat a salcha or chena king......yellow mush - sometimes pinkish if you are lucky...........

I fished the Salcha Wednesday-Thursday this last week. Did not see anyone else fishing in a boat below the bridge.

We caught 6 kings in about 3 hours from a boat using roe: Sample of one of the better fish that we kept:

My dog thought it looked ok to eat?

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default Salcha

Fished from 11pm to 4am and caught 5 fish all of the fish were males. Three 15lbs one around 12lbs and one about 5lbs. We had a really good time. Thanks to stid2677 for the advice and it was dead caught all the fish on lure you advised.
    Later,
    Tim

21 July, made a run to the Salcha only to find it high and dirty. Have to give it a while to clear up.

Steve

Still high and dirty.