Thread: KPen fly-in

Question KPen fly-in

looking for info on Kenai peninsula lakes around the cooper landing area..

we're looking to do an unguided fly-in somewhere in late July for a day of trout fishing and messing around... having a skiff or canoe at one of the lakes would be ideal.

any advice is appreciated. thnx.

Default hike!

The trail system down here is great. There are many great trout/ grayling lakes that don't take more than a few hours to hike into. If flying is your thing your transporter should have a good idea of where to take you. If you only have one day my #1 recomendation would be crescent lake. The trail is easy going and beautifull, and the grayling fishing is pretty dang good as well.

Ill second the Crescent lake idea. There is a forest service cabin there to rent and it has a boat also
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

how about casting from shore? I don't think we'll rent a cabin or bring any sort of boat with us... I think my friends are just interested in the scenic flight idea with a day of relaxing on the shore and wade-casting for trout grayling...

Crescent lk would be nice but I think we are interested in trout more than grayling...

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    how about casting from shore? I don't think we'll rent a cabin or bring any sort of boat with us... I think my friends are just interested in the scenic flight idea with a day of relaxing on the shore and wade-casting for trout grayling...

Crescent lk would be nice but I think we are interested in trout more than grayling...

thanks.
    Carter Lake is very close to Crescent and has Rainbows. I have also caught Grayling out of Crescent from shore. No boat necessary.