Thread: Any fiberglass shops in Southcentral AK?

Default Any fiberglass shops in Southcentral AK?

Any fiberglass repair shops in SC Alaska? I have had my boat at THE place in Wasilla for almost 3 months. I have been in Dutch Harbor for the last 2 months and they haven't even touched my boat yet. The said it would "easily" be done when I got back from Dutch and now I think they are "big timing" me on the cost and still don't have an estimated time of completion. Is there anywhere in Seward or Homer that does fiberglass repairs? Thanks in advance. Dave

Default glass work

I believe Stormchasers in Seward does that kind of work!

You could try calling Plaschem in Anchorage to see if they perform fiberglass boat repairs. The fixed my damaged fiberglass kayak many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AKExplore View Post
    You could try calling Plaschem in Anchorage to see if they perform fiberglass boat repairs. The fixed my damaged fiberglass kayak many years ago.
    That's where I went first. They quit working on all boats they said. Kinda strange, when I said "boat" the guy I was talking to kinda freaked out and said "Don't ever say that word in here again!". Something bad must have happened there.

there are a few shops here in homer, sloths fiberglass, freddys marine, a place called shapes and hulls, all seem to be pretty good and might have time soon as all the commercial boats are out for the summer

Thanks everyone for the replys and the PM's. Keep 'em coming.