Thread: Looking at New .270

Question Looking at New .270

Hey everybody,
    I am looking to buy a new .270 in the near future! I would like to get something lightweight, weatherproof and weighs around 6 pounds or less. Any suggestions, if I had the $1500 I would buy the Remington Titanium, but can't afford that. I have read about the Tikka's, seems like a nice gun? Anybody have any inputs. Looking to spend about $700 or less. Thanks

Default Mountain Rifle

Here you go. Remington modle 700 Mountain Rifle Laminated stock, Stainless barrel. I have one in 7mm-08 and love it.Sure is alot easier to carry than my 7 mag and my .338.

For the money, you can't go wrong with a Tikka T3...love my 300wsm.

Mr.Grayling, I have a Tikka T3 Lite S/S chambered in 270 Win, it will shoot .5" MOA or better(has shot one group of 3 into .25") with 140 grain Federal Accubonds. I bought it for sheep hunting this year, I did not get a sheep and am thinking about selling it. The barrell was properly broken in ( 1 shot clean method). PM me if you are interested, I will sell it for a good price. Its only 3 months old.

Not everyone likes them, but I'm a fan of the Ruger M77 Ultralights. They weigh in at 6.5 pounds, and my 30-06 is a sincere tack driver. Right at your limit for just over $700 new, they're a delight if you're looking for real wood and solid hunting performance.

Personally I would look at the new Kimber. I don't use the 270 but my hunting partner does and his No 1 has always done the job. Jim

I too like the Ruger Ultralights but like the Kimber Montana better than "all the above" that have been listed, to me it's the best factory made mountain rifle on the market.

If you could make due for another season I'd squirrel away the needed cash for what I really want but then I view a gun purchase as an investment in a tool that should last the rest of my life.