Thread: Seward fishing report?

Default Seward fishing report?

Gonna be out thurs-sun. with some friends and was wondering if anyone has a report to how the snagging is going. Red fishin still any good at Ressurection river? Anything on the beaches at all?

If not we're just gonna fish next to the sealife center for some flounders and rockfish

Thanks guys,

-Nick

Default Slow last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    Gonna be out thurs-sun. with some friends and was wondering if anyone has a report to how the snagging is going. Red fishin still any good at Ressurection river? Anything on the beaches at all?

If not we're just gonna fish next to the sealife center for some flounders and rockfish

Thanks guys,

-Nick
    Was there last weekend off Nash Road and snagged 1. The snagging there was pretty slow. Fished the morning high tide and seemed about a half hour before and after high tide was when the fish were there as I saw about 10 snagged only during this time.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Default Don't Know

But am heading down tonight through Sunday. Should be able to get my H-butt's as usual and then maybe some Ling, then see if there are any silvers out there. Heard they were still getting some Reds a couple days ago.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

thanks for the info guys hopefully we'll be able to catch some fish by the sealife center to roast over an open fire

fishwacker- let me know how it goes, I've always wanted to try beach-fishing outta seward.

also-does anyone know if you can still pick up any kings on/near the beaches down there?

Thanks,

Jon

Well we didnt go to the mouth of resuection and only saw a handful of kings pulled out at the culverts... however on the last day people seemed to be picking up reds. We didnt really fish for salmon- fished the beaches for rockfish and caught irish lords, greenling, bullheads, starfish, and some copper and china rockfish(very delicious)

*A 10 year old kid was fishing for bait in the harbor with us and bam a red hit his egg.... kind of funny being that it snapped on the 2lb test but could see the bobber moving back and forth throughout the harbor

Default Just got Back

Got our limit of Ling and but and a couple silvers Saturday. Sunday the Silvers were hitting pretty good and picking up. Ling and But outside the bay, silver at Pony. Will Post pics soon
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Default Snagging and a king stamp

I was wondering if you are required to have a king stamp while fishing in the saltwater snagging? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I know you have to have a king stamp if you're fishing for kings in saltwater, so I would assume you'd also need one if you're snagging for kings.

Default silvers from the beach

I have only fished from the beach once right at high tide from in front of the campground. Cauhgt my three silvers without alot of work. Had a big ole Sea lion just off shore and I am sure that was scattering the fish may have actually scared them in closer so I could reach them who knows. It was fun. Never tried for kings. You do need to be able to cast quite a long ways and I had on chest waders to help get out as far as possible. Have fun!

Default Snagging Kings

If you look in the regs on page 57 Of the southcentral alaska fishing regs it says that there is no annual or seasonal king salmon limit in effect, and there is no king salmon harvest recording requirement. From May 1-Aug 31 the limit for king salmon is 2 per day, 2 in possession. Just trying to verify that this means there is no requirement for a King Stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail101 View Post
    If you look in the regs on page 57 Of the southcentral alaska fishing regs it says that there is no annual or seasonal king salmon limit in effect, and there is no king salmon harvest recording requirement. From May 1-Aug 31 the limit for king salmon is 2 per day, 2 in possession. Just trying to verify that this means there is no requirement for a King Stamp.
    Nope, Troopers told me last weekend you need the stamp. I'm sure $10.00 is a whole lot less than the fine.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail101 View Post

Nope, Troopers told me last weekend you need the stamp.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Default stamp required

if you look on page 3 of ADF&G regs you will see that you do indeed need a King Stamp when fishing for saltwater kings...

the annual limit and harvest recording requirement only pertains to those kings taken in rivers where the numbers of fish taken are more heavily monitored...

I would advise getting the stamp if your're snagging for kings or out fishing for silvers, as there is a good chance of landing a nice king. and if you do happen to land a king without a stamp, definately plan on releasing it immediately as there are a couple enthusiastic troopers around who will surely bust you for it.

good luck!