Thread: Kasilof Fishing?

Default Kasilof Fishing?

Any reports on the Kasilof? Reds? King?

I hear that dipping is slow, so sportfishing reds then would be the same. I have not heard much about Kings beyond that drifters are doing ok.

Only slightly over 2,000 reds yesterday according to ADF&G. Nets are out.

Hit Crooked Creek today (2 July). Only saw around 5 reds hooked, with 3 landed along the whole bank to the bend, in 3 hours. Saw one 15lb, fire-engine-red king hooked, but not landed.

I also had a question for the Kasilof experts. The past couple of times I've been there, people were fishing, it seemed, in Crooked Creek itself (estimate around 50 river yards from the confluence). Is there a marker that shows where Crooked Creek "really" begins, or does it begin from the confluence?

Or am I missing something in addition to the Crooked Creek regs section that says "Closed to all fishing Jan. 1 - July 31"?

Thanks.

Default Marker

Yes, there is a marker on crooked creek. You may have seen them fishing on the horseshoe diversion of the Kasilof. A very popular spot for Reds (If any can get past the nets), and silvers. It's not part of crooked creek.

Fished on Kasilof today. Saw a few kings caught including mine, but didn't see any reds pulled out of the water at all. Overall pretty slow going.