Thread: Weight of a Tikka T3 synthetic stock

Default Weight of a Tikka T3 synthetic stock

Does anyone know what the weight of a synthetic T3 stock is? I called Beretta and the guy I talked to didn't know and had no clue where to find that information. Hopefully someone on here knows. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to buy one of the MPI Kevlar stocks for it as I have the laminate stock. The kevlar MPI runs around $675. I am thinking of just buying a blued Tikka and using the stock on that and holding onto the Rifle until someone makes a descent aftermarket stock.

Quote Originally Posted by futurerancher View Post
    Does anyone know what the weight of a synthetic T3 stock is? I called Beretta and the guy I talked to didn't know and had no clue where to find that information. Hopefully someone on here knows. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to buy one of the MPI Kevlar stocks for it as I have the laminate stock. The kevlar MPI runs around $675. I am thinking of just buying a blued Tikka and using the stock on that and holding onto the Rifle until someone makes a descent aftermarket stock.
    You can probably do backwards math and figure it out. The [url=http://www.tikka.fi/]Tikka site lists weights and specs.

Tried that and can only find information on what the whole rifle weighs.

What if you take the listed weight of your rifle with the laminated stock and subtract the listed weight of T3 with the synthetic stock which will give you the weight difference between your laminated stock and the synthetic, if they have the same barrel length. Take your laminate stock off and weigh it and then subtract the difference from above and that should give you an approximate weight of the synthetic.

If I had one I would take it off and weigh it for you but I don't.