Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware

Default Beware

Hey guys, just wanted to let anyone who's considering using these guys {name removed by webmaster} to be wary.

I called, while on deployment, and ordered a new Polaris RZR. I put money down, and was told it would be in, before I came home (May 5th)

I purchased over 2K in parts, including Elka shocks, PRM skid plates, bumpers, accy rack, and 4 point harnesses, before I ever even saw this ATV. After all I've done buisness with them for years, I trusted them.

May 5 came and went, I returned from deployment, and was told, it should be in before the end of may. The end of may arrived, and was told it should be in sometime in june.

June 13th I get a call saying my RZR has arrived. Its over a month over due, but I'm happy, my new toy is in. The bad news, is I have to wait, because its 5 p.m. I tell the salesmen excitedly that a third party will be out to deliver a cashiers check, early the next morning, as I had to attend a soldier I went to Iraq with's wedding.

June 14th, as I call out to make sure the ATV is ready, I'm told by the service department, I'll have to speak with the salesman before they'll release the ATV. first warning. Then I'm transfered to said salesman. He tells me he's sorry, but one of the other salesmen, who's never ridden a RZR. Came in last night, and used his key, to open up the shop, stole the key to MY rzr, (had already been issued a VIN, and put down payment for it) and flipped it on its side, because he was an idiot, and tried to hotdog a brand new ATV he'd never ridden. Damaging the whole drivers side of the ATV. The roll cage had damage, the front and rear fenders were scratched, and cracked.

He told me, to make up for it, they wanted to sell me the ATV at cost. I told him that I was leaving the final inspection to the third party, and then hung up.

Turns out when my friend arrived, and inquired about getting me a helmet with my ATV for free, he was told that all they were willing to do, was drop it to cost, and nothing more. Now, if everyone in state wasn't sold out, and pre-ordred through july, I'd have walked away and bought another. Alas, they are.

In the end, they sold me the ATV for cost, gave me a free helmet, and an ATV oil change kit. And while I beleive they made ammends, I want everyone to know the work ethic that is employed there. There are some terrific people who work there. But I will never take an ATV to them again.

The employee who flipped the sold ATV over, wasn't fired, and didn't even appologize when I came back to pick up the rest of my parts that had come in.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd think hard about doing buisness with them again. I know they ruined this soldiers new ATV buying experience.

Name of business removed due to violation of forum FAQ. -- Webmaster
    Last edited by Webmaster; 07-01-2008 at 23:39.

Default you are not alone

Been there they charged for work they did not do.
    Took it to another shop as soon as I got it back cause I marked the bolts to see if they opened the valve cover or just claim that it need more than it did.
    Valve adjustment was all it needed they said it needed a new block.
    I won't use them for anything else.

Is this shop in Anchorage, Eagle River, or the Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Is this shop in Anchorage, Eagle River, or the Valley?
    This dealer (stealer!!!) is located in the valley. Near the Parks Hwy and Truck Road. They have a terrible reputation and with good reason. I bought a bike from them in 2005. I would not recommend them to ANYONE!!!!!

If you live in Anchorage or Eagle River go to Eagle River Polaris/Arctic Cat. If you live in the valley go to Hatchers Pass Polaris. They will treat you right!!!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

That sucks, I thought they were ok to deal with but it seems that others have had issues with them. Hopefully I won't have to replace my machine anytime soon, I really don't like buying from dealerships but if your buying new then your choices are very limited.

The place starts with an H and is near Trunk road between palmer and wasilla just off the highway. I have bought four vehicles in the last couple of years there- CRF250X,CRF70,Foreman and a Rancher and my dealings have been ok. I have gone there because I can usually save between 200 to 300 dollars a machine from Anchorage Because of Anchorages "Document Fees" (this is even after buying numerous bikes from Tony begining in the early 80's back when my family lived in Anchorage) All the dealerships I have been to in Anchorage and the valley act like your doing them a favor when you walk in the door. you have to go in with low expectations, its sad but true. the young guys in the parts dept have been good (when they actually have the parts in stock) and a month ago when i needed a new tire put on a rim they did it right then when the yamaha shop said it would be a week. I dont like the way they keep all the inventory out in the elements, I have had a rust issue withe 250X,Remember from, i think it was saturday night live- "LOWERED EXPECTATIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by EMoss#83 View Post
    The place starts with an H and is near Trunk road between palmer and wasilla just off the highway. I have bought four vehicles in the last couple of years there- CRF250X,CRF70,Foreman and a Rancher and my dealings have been ok. I have gone there because I can usually save between 200 to 300 dollars a machine from Anchorage Because of Anchorages "Document Fees" (this is even after buying numerous bikes from Tony begining in the early 80's back when my family lived in Anchorage) All the dealerships I have been to in Anchorage and the valley act like your doing them a favor when you walk in the door. you have to go in with low expectations, its sad but true. the young guys in the parts dept have been good (when they actually have the parts in stock) and a month ago when i needed a new tire put on a rim they did it right then when the yamaha shop said it would be a week. I dont like the way they keep all the inventory out in the elements, I have had a rust issue withe 250X,Remember from, i think it was saturday night live- "LOWERED EXPECTATIONS"
    I think you mean "they act like their doing you a favor".......but yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean
    and it's sickening. You just want to be treated fairly and with a little respect but the dealerships I've been too are just the opposite. If your not spending your yearly salary in there store then your just another joe off the street. I bought 2 snowmachines from the same dealership about a week apart and both times I had to go looking for someone to help me and they weren't very friendly either, made me feel a little uncomfortable in fact but I bought them there because of the price of the machines. I would NEVER buy a boat from them however. ER Polaris/AC is a good dealership, i've been treated pretty good in that shop.

I've only dealt with this particular dealership a couple times, and had no problems yet. They've contacted Polaris to help get me information on a couple issues, even when I wasn't buying parts or having them do any work. They e-mailed me diagrams and info, and also tried to help tell me how to install parts myself to save their labor charges. I've been pretty impressed with the parts de[artment, and no complaints about the one guy I've dealt with in Service, either.

That said, I would have been livid if some idiot employee wrecked my special-ordered machine and then they wouldn' make it right.

Default yep they suck

And I still think the Polaris shop in fairbanks is worse. I go to Polaris Junction in Delta or to Hatcher pass.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

I've bought four atvs from them and have never had a problem, with parts or service. Car dealerships on the other hand, well... dont get me started!

Digging up the dead.

FYI I recently "heard" the only Polaris dealers in the Mat-Su area are in Big Lake and Hatcher Pass. The "other" place stopped dealing Polaris all together..no parts/service or sales. Anyone else hear this??
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Yes, it is true. We bought the wife a new 09 Rancher in January and I asked them about the Polaris dealership and they told me they are no longer going to carry that brand and are sticking to only Honda. Like I said before, if I were thinking about buying a RZR or a Ranger i'd probably go to the Eagle River Polaris dealer, they have always treated us good even though we don't own any of their brand machines.

Default Dealer blues

Try this one on. I inquire with this "bad” dealer on the peninsula for a particular model and he tells me none available. I call around the state and find one same day and buy it. Good dealer tells me next day that dealer in my town just called him and wanted the one I just bought as he had a buyer. I asked "good" dealer if he told bad dealer it was sold and he said no. I called bad dealer and asked him if he found one and he said yes. I asked how much and he quotes $3g's over good dealer’s price. It was only $125 to ferry it to Homer. I bought it from good dealer. Fast forward and manufacture has a part recall and take it to "local dealer" ASAP for free repair. I do so and wait two months for fix. I pissed off bad dealer when he tells me no parts available for warranty fix. I call around and find one who will send to bad dealer. Bad dealer won’t do it. A call to manufacturer gets bad dealer moving.

Get it home and throttle freezes in freezing weather(never before now) A close inspection shows razor cuts in boot above carb allowing moisture to enter it. This is a new machine. Radiator drain plug was also loose and ready to drain. Bad dealer has seen the last of my bucks and new good dealer in Homer gets my $$$ and recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    if I were thinking about buying a RZR or a Ranger i'd probably go to the Eagle River Polaris dealer, they have always treated us good even though we don't own any of their brand machines.
    I was pretty sure about the closure but I'm not one for the rumor mill and wanted to hear it here. I was never very impressed with service from said business.

I've had pretty good service form ERPAC, I may not always agree when I hafta shell out some $$ but Paul has always taken care of me so that's where I go with my business.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

My experience with a local Polaris dealer:

12 year old Polaris SP 500 needed rear u-joints. There are four, two upper and two lower. Took machine to dealer (on Thursday after hunting season was over, but in Sept. 08) between Anchorage and mat-su on the Glenn.

Told me one week for parts and one week for repairs. Called the next week. Person said parts are in and that they had notified the repair guys.
    Called the next Thursday (week two) and the rapair guy said parts are not in yet. Told him the front said parts were in last week. He checks - parts are in. He will schedule work - should be done next week.

Call next Thursday (week three) - oops not done yet, been busy with other customers machines. Called the next Wedesday (week four).

Machine is done and ready for pick-up. I hook up trailer and head out. The guy at the front desk says "$898.00" When I question the costs he said they got 5 hours of labor plus parts. I pay by card and am looking at a new machine on the floor. As I'm walking out I look at the receipt and see they also changed by rear shocks and springs. I stop and go back to the desk. I am the ONLY CUSTOMER in the place. I tell the guy I did not authorize these repairs and he said "You must have". When I say no and that I want to talk to the manager he says "He gone for the day and cannot be reached". It's 2:30pm on a Wednesday. I say call him and the guy tells me they have orders that once he is gone they only call him if the store is on fire. Now there's a thought.

So he calls the head repair guy. he comes out and says "I called and you OKed the repairs" I said NO WAY. No one ever called me. I told him that he needed to take the machien back and put the old shocks and springs back on and for the desk guy to change the ticket and give me a refund.

The maintenance guy goes back and a mechanic comes out. The guy looks at the bill and says "I did not do the shocks and springs. I never saw this work order. I only changed the four u-joints". I then went out and looked at the 4 wheeler. The rear shocks and springs had not been touched. The four u-joints were new.

Went back in and said adjust my bill. The guy says come back when the manager is there and he will adjust the bill. I told him to call the manager or the police - his choice - as the bill was going to be fixed before I left. After he consulted with the maintenance guy (not the mechanic) they adjusted my bill - I loaded the machine and left. The worst part is NO ONE ever said "sorry about the mistake" or anything similar. No apology at all for trying to bilk be out of $500. They will never get my business again and I will bad mouth them to everyone I know or meet.

An apology with the refund would have fixed it. Calling the manager would have helped too.

To those who like them - good luck. I'll drive to Hatcher Pass Polaris. Much better deals and much better service.

Default polaris

Must be a polaris thing, I went to fairbanks with the intentions of buying two 800 sportsman's with a bank check. I was treated like crap, now i drive brute force 750's, thanks airport polaris dealor i have been really happy with my FFC kawasaki's.

Thanks to a local dealer, I will never buy another Polaris or Wooldridge (unless used and dirt cheap). My hiney is still chapped!

I don't take crappy service from dealers, call their national customer relations office, it is amazing how they seem to change after a butt chewing. I do this with every company I deal with. Crappy service will continue if you don't run it up the chain. I've had some large repairs done free of charge after complaining. The only time this didn't work was with a local anchorage gun shop that specializes in custom lever guns.

Anyone know if 9 Lives Rec. is still in business in Delta? I bought my Arctic Cat from them due to prior less than satisfactory experiences with the local dealer. They were a pleasure to do business with, and I'd definitely buy from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by walk-in View Post
    Anyone know if 9 Lives Rec. is still in business in Delta? I bought my Arctic Cat from them due to prior less than satisfactory experiences with the local dealer. They were a pleasure to do business with, and I'd definitely buy from them again.
    no they are closed unfortunately... I loved that place great staff and great prices..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast