Thread: Gunsmith (Anchorage)

Default Gunsmith (Anchorage)

Just picked up an XD direct from Springfield and it came with a loose front sight (I can push it off completely with my fingers). I'd rather not waste the time and send it back. Anyone recommend a local gunsmith in Anc to fix my sight?

I haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet. I was field stripping to get ready to clean the factory gunk out and noticed the loose sight...arrgh I want to go shoot!

How about using the sponsor of the shooting forum, Alaska Custom Firearms. 1 block North of Dimond on Old Seward, next to Wiggys. Steve's done work for me and I've been very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by daveit View Post
    Just picked up an XD direct from Springfield and it came with a loose front sight (I can push it off completely with my fingers). I'd rather not waste the time and send it back. Anyone recommend a local gunsmith in Anc to fix my sight?

I haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet. I was field stripping to get ready to clean the factory gunk out and noticed the loose sight...arrgh I want to go shoot!

If you bought it from a dealer? Why not return it and get another one? I don't buy something that can not be returned to who I bought it from, if there is a problem.

It is an easy fix, however.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson