Thread: Valdez pinks

Default Valdez pinks

Have the Pinks or Silvers started coming into the bay near Alison Point yet? Looking at coming down there over the 4th.

Default I doubt it

I rather doubt it. We tried in the Narrows last Sunday and could see them jumping. Could not get a hit though. Seiners have been doing cost recovery and have not heard now they have done yet except smallish, 2 -3 pound fish.

It is not prime time yet. Most salmon runs are late this year.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Lots

A lot more fish have moved in. Many, many more jumping tonight on the way out to check posts. Seiners are stacked up in the harbor ready to do cost recovery. Heard a rumor that some are now at Allison and obtainable from shore, but can not confirm it.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I took my friend and his boat to Valdez on the weekend of June 21st. I was told at that time that the pinks were at Goose Island. I picked up a few nice ones between Shoup Bay and Potato Point along the shoreline and also a few in the mouth of Jacks Bay. We kept one for a fish fry in the motorhome one evening and the rest were returned to the water for you to catch. We were trolling herring trying to pick up a king or whatever would strike. We caught no kings but the whatever were pinks.