Thread: Get me out of here!

Default Get me out of here!

Finally...

I am leaving this miserable hot and sticky state behind and heading up to
    the Great Land for adventure and work.

Look for articles on the websites of www.bluemooserafting.com for the interior, and www.ultimateislandadventures.com for the town of Kodiak, and www.raspberryislandremotecamps.com on Raspberry Island as I compose for all these outfitters. They should be finished and ready by early fall.

Expect first person narratives and pictures, and the skinny on what quality excursions are all about.

My regrets in not being to meet up with the Fishing Dude out of Anchorage due to having to make an earlier flight out of town in order to get to Fairbanks earlier than planned.

Fish hard anglers. We have all earned it!

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Enjoy this visit, Bernard. It's 92 degrees here and we are packing to make the big move on the 20th. 3400 miles to Kodiak!! Catch a few for me, hope to meet you in September.

Default The journey of a lifetime...

May all your wishes become realities on this remarkable endeavor...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Um, OK. That's nice.

Have a great time!

Default ultimate island adventures

What kind of trip are you doing with them? It seems to be a very popular outfit.

Default Along with Shawn Gornall...

He offers two distict opportunities. One is a charter at sea, the other is an atv adventure and fishery.

In keeping up with what's happening on Kodiak, he appears to be a risng star and I've heard a lot of good things about him.

He is giving me the opportunity to review both excursions.

He has a fine website. Check him out at www.ultimateislandadventures.com.

Rosenberg/Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post

Rosenberg/Florida

Cheese. Pure, unadulterated cheese!

I have you last book...good stuff, but you are way too verbose.

In your next book, make it a point to be less wordy....sans the cheese!

P.S. No more references to "chase the egg." (Cheese to the max!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post

Rosenberg/Florida
    ... well, if your wishes involve waiting three hours to pay $11 to park in a F.S. campground, having a brown bear steal your stringer and then chase you out of the Russian River at a dead run, all while you have a "coho fly" stuck in your eyeball -- your dreams just might COME TRUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chumstik View Post
    ... well, if your wishes involve waiting three hours to pay $11 to park in a F.S. campground, having a brown bear steal your stringer and then chase you out of the Russian River at a dead run, all while you have a "coho fly" stuck in your eyeball -- your dreams just might COME TRUE!!!
    No fishing the Russian for me, thanks.. Browns may be an issue on Kodiak, but not to worry. Combat fishing will not be as bad, so no hooks in the eye. Campgrounds are for people who don't like to camp. I have it all figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by mnfish365 View Post
    No fishing the Russian for me, thanks.. Browns may be an issue on Kodiak, but not to worry. Combat fishing will not be as bad, so no hooks in the eye. Campgrounds are for people who don't like to camp. I have it all figured out!
    I'd probably wait until you get up there before making statments like that. You have obviously never fished the mouth of the Buskin or the American when the rumor that the silvers are in. No, it's not as bad as the Kenai but it's bad enough. But, like every other green horn, you've got it figured out and will show those old Alaska hands (yeah, I was there once myself)
    At sea, it's force not reason that confers sovereign rights

Quote Originally Posted by guns68 View Post
    I'd probably wait until you get up there before making statments like that. You have obviously never fished the mouth of the Buskin or the American when the rumor that the silvers are in. No, it's not as bad as the Kenai but it's bad enough. But, like every other green horn, you've got it figured out and will show those old Alaska hands (yeah, I was there once myself)
    Yup, exactly!! LOL I am ready to hike to escape the crowds. Nobody knows combat fishing until they fish Lake Superior rivers. 35+ people fishing one 50 foot pool with 4 black spawned out Kings in it.... pathetic! I have been doing this for 15 years, and am looking forward to trying my technique where the "real fish" are!! Have fun Bernard, tight lines and good company to you! I enjoy your writing immensely, and have found tons of useful information in your books even if I'm just a greenhorn.

I just talked to a friend in Kodiak City who says Buskin and something else weren't open because of the low fish counts and they said the bears were really hungry. I'm just saying....

Worst year in a very long time for Kodiak as far as salmon goes. The biggest fisheries are all in emergency order closures. Its gonna be a bad year for human vs bear encounters too if this keeps up . The fall hunters are gonna have a lot of uninvited guests!

All we can hope for is the silvers this fall.