Thread: Can anyone recommed a hire shop of sat phones In Anchorage

Default Can anyone recommed a hire shop of sat phones In Anchorage

Hi All
    I am heading out to fish the Kanektok River (Quinhagak) in about 10 days time and I am looking at hiring and collecting a sat phone in Anchorage to take with us. Does anyone have any recommendations of hire stores to go to and what type of phone should I hire.
    thanks in advance
    Richard

Greg Lee at the Surveyor's Exchange (sponsor of this forum) can help you with the phone you need.

David

What Dave said, No brainer, best deal in town!

Thanks for all your advice
    regards
    Richard

Default Greg from www.AnchorageSatellitePhones.com

Hi All!

This is Greg Lee. For a bit over a year now I am the New Manager at www.AnchorageSatellitePhones.com

We are the Sponsor of this Safety Forum & are conveniently located directly across the street from REI in Anchorage.

If you need to rent or buy a satellite phone or have any questions at all about sat phones feel free to give me a call 7 days a week on my cell phone @ 907-748-0151. I've got 2 people working with me also & I've got them trained with my basic philosophy that nothing leaves my office without being fully tested. We are not perfect but we definitely do our best.

I Managed the office over at Surveyors Exchange for about 6 years. But I'd greatly appreciate your business @ Anchorage Satellite Phones.com

Antonio is the new Manager over at Surveyors Exchange & is continuing to do a great job over there too....along with Leah(my cousin) and another lady he hired.

I'm working on some very exciting new projects over here! Feel free to call anytime.

My Best,
    Greg Lee
    greg.lee@anchoragesatellitephones.com
    AnchorageSatellitePhones.com
    Right across the street from REI
    (907) 272-RENT

Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
    Greg Lee at the Surveyor's Exchange (sponsor of this forum) can help you with the phone you need.

David
    +1 these are the guys.

Default Greg @ www.AnchorageSatellitePhones.com

I saw the above note & I just wanted to let everybody know that I used to be the Manager over at Surveyors Exchange for 6 years. Antonio is the new Manager over there & is continuing to do a great job!

But I am now the new Manager of www.AnchorageSatellitePhones.com
    We are located directly across the street from REI in Anchorage.

Anchorage Satellite Phones.com is now the Proud Sponsor of the "Alaska Outdoor Safety, Survival and Emergency Care" Forum.

We have the Lightest Rental Kits in Alaska! If you mention the Outdoors Directory you get $10 off of any Rental

You will also receive a discount off any New or Used Satellite Phone that you purchase from us too!

I would look for people who disclose their fees and don't charge you later for things they told you were included.

I would look for businesses that rent reliable equipment that doesn't repeatedly say "SMS Sent" when the SMS message in fact failed.

I would look for people who look into customer complaints when they say they'll "look into it."

I would look for businesses that disclose known incompatibilities of their equipment/service with other providers of telecom services before they rent it, not after the customer gets back, having been unable to communicate from the field.

Come to think of it, if Greg wasn't available, I would use the guys at the halfway house before that other business mentioned in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 Mauser View Post
    I would look for people who disclose their fees and don't charge you later for things they told you were included.

I would look for businesses that rent reliable equipment that doesn't repeatedly say "SMS Sent" when the SMS message in fact failed.

I would look for people who look into customer complaints when they say they'll "look into it."

I would look for businesses that disclose known incompatibilities of their equipment/service with other providers of telecom services before they rent it, not after the customer gets back, having been unable to communicate from the field.

Come to think of it, if Greg wasn't available, I would use the guys at the halfway house before that other business mentioned in this thread.
    I've used that other business mentioned in this thread for about five years, when Greg was in charge and since the new guy, Antoniio took over. I have never had the problems mentioned above. Every charge was what was expected and the equipment worked finie.

My two trips with sat phones from Surveyor's Exchange have been problem-free.
    Good equipment, service and no surprises.
    No experience with other sources and most of my friends own their own sat phones now.