Thread: Summit Creek / Devils Pass

Default Summit Creek / Devils Pass

Has anybody hiked these trails lately? I am thinking of going up there on Thursday and am worried about snow up high. Any comments? Thanks.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by standdup View Post
    Has anybody hiked these trails lately? I am thinking of going up there on Thursday and am worried about snow up high. Any comments? Thanks.

Dave
    Drove by these trailheads last week and there are snow patches here and there. It is difficult to see how much there is several miles back and at higher elevations but I would bet there is still a decent amount and that it is chilly.

We hiked Resurrection Trail this weekend. Was very little snow in the pass, had to cross maybe 3 or 4 15 foot sections of snow. Trail was in excellent shape. Had a nice lunch at the Devil's pass cabin. Can get chilly at night still.

Steve

Default Summit Creek

I hiked Summit Creek last weekend. There are patches of snow up high, but most of the trail is clear and dry. We did not try to connect with either Resurrection or Devils Pass. You might encounter more snow when you do that. But the snow is consolidated and fairly easy to walk on in most places.

If you havn't already gone, I was just there the other day. The trail was covered pretty good by some patches above 3500, but only in patches which were mostly pretty well packed. With all the rain, the first mile or so was pretty sloppy. Still a great hike though.

Thumbs up Summit Creek / Devils Pass

I hiked Summit creek back the second valley and camped this weekend. The trail is in great shape and the view above the tree line is great. The initial climb from the parking lot has some good vertical rise, but once you get to the rocks it mellows out. Highly recommended hike.