Thread: Klutina

Default Klutina

I'm here at Klutina and have been for the past three days. I've fished about 12 hours per day and have caught 1 fish. I have never seen it this slow this time of year, ever! If you plan on coming down here this fourth, be prepared to work for your limit. This is the slowest I've seen it down here in along time, I have a charter scheduled for tommarow morning. I will post the results when I get back tommarow. Plan on leaving about 3:00AM, hopefully we'll get the best hole. I just thought I would let everyone would know what the conditions were like down here.

Fish On!
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

So....is the run gonna be late this year???

Thumbs down Slower than slow

I was there also and hooked nada! Very slow, but then again, with recent knee surgery I wasnt able to walk towards the mouth very far either. People coming back from the bank area @ Wild West Charters usually had a few on their stringers. Saw only 2 fish "break the surface" and about 5 fish caught in 2 days. Like any river/stream run, if you are there when the slug is coming through, you will get your fish. On a good note....the weather was excellent!!!

Default Slow with some exceptions

I fished at the Klutina Salmon Charter campground last weekend. I caught nothing from noon until 8pm. Then landed 3 and lost a couple more in a 2 hour period from 8 until 10. I managed to land 2 and lose 1 between 4:30 AM and 5:00 AM the next morning. It's slow unless you fish at exactly the right time, which seems to be late evening and early morning. I was fishing right below the big rocks at the campground if you are familiar with the place. I was fishing with an 8 wt fly rod with sink tip, 20 LB mono leader, coho fly and a 3/8 rubber core lead sinker about 4 feet above that. I was catching them about 8-10 feet from the shore.

The weekend before that I fished for almost 3 full days and only caught 2.

Default ?

Me and two buddies were down there 2 and a half weeks ago and we caught 31 in 7 hrs. Kept our last 9 and left. One right after the other. Probly some of the best klutina fishing ive ever seen. Heard a couple days later noone was catching nothin. We were in the same exact hole as Jedi Salmon Slayer was in the pic he posted on the other Klutina thread. I could tell by the background. Maybe that first run was early, small, and shot up fast. Maybe it's cause the water is so low. I dont know for sure but one of the guys that was with me a couple weeks ago went again last weekend by himself fished 2 full days and only caught 5.

Default There last week

There on wed night and caught my limit in 2 hours and missed a king and a few other reds.

It's slow but if you know when and where to fish it can pay off!!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Bringing this thread back.

Im gonna be hitting the Klutina on the 8th and was wondering if anybody has any info from the past few days.

thanks
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Bringing this thread back.

Im gonna be hitting the Klutina on the 8th and was wondering if anybody has any info from the past few days.

thanks

Where you been hiding Soda???

I thought you were eaten by bears!!!!

Hey Drifter! Ive been fishing!! I just dont get internet access on the creeks

Im gone again for another 5 days.

Ive got A LOT of pics to post and reports. Will do around the 12th. Hopefully some of Klutina!
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"