Thread: Home At Last!

Talking Home At Last!

I am finally able to get some time off to come back to visit for a week in July (13-20). My wife and I are between training bases and are going to have some free time to come back to visit. We moved out of Alaska in June of last year for me to go to pilot training at Columbus AFB, MS and I have been going crazy trying to get back.

Anyhow I need some advice and information as to what is going on during that time frame as far as the hot spots if any for silvers, kings, reds, even pinks and definitely trout. I am mainly interested in fly fishing. I want to try to get some fish to take with us but I really just want to have fun fishing (I can't help but notice it's an even year...lots of pinks...I hope). I have looked at the forecasts and reports and it seems that all the runs are coming in late. I can't really tell, will I be missing all the good fishing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs another body to tag along on a day trip I would definitely be on board for that. I will pitch in for gas.

I am excited and hope to see you out there!

Thumbs up Welcome back

The reds should be entering the lower Kenai, Pinks should be running hard in hope. Kings lower kenai. Red runs are right on time pretty much so far and the Kasilof is just freaking blowing up on the first run. Bow and Dollies on the sportsmans to jims run on the kenai have been great so far and should on be building better
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Where on the Kenai is that?

"Bow and Dollies on the sportsmans to jims run on the kenai have been great so far and should on be building better"???

Sounds like I am going to be missing all the great silver fishing but maybe I can get in some good red and pink fun. But I am most interested in those Bows!

Thanks Alaskachuck,

NC_Andy