Thread: video camera

Default video camera

anyone have any good suggestions for field safe video cameras to take on hunts?? I am looking for something that doesn't have all the bells and whistles, just a solid camera to video my kids hunts.... thx

Greg

Any of the top rated brands such as Sony, Canon, JVC, will fit the bill for you. Stick with the DV format and you will be much happier in the long run. Tapes are inexpensive and quality is superb.
    The newer harddrive and DVD formats are not worth the trouble or expense in my opinion and offer no advantages over DV.
    Take a drive over to Best Buy and handle a couple. They have really gotten smaller!
    Tennessee

If you only want to take short videos (a minute or so at a time), you might consider just getting a digital camera with a movie feature. They aren't that great for long range, zooming in and out while filming, etc. but the weight is low and then you only have to bring one camera.

If you want a video camera, I have an older Sony that is great. I don't think you can find it anymore, but I have always been impressed with the Sony cameras. I would focus on an optical zoom rather than the digital zoom (which always looks like crap anyway).