Thread: Importing music

Default Importing music

I am playing with "windows movie maker" and the only music I can add to my pictures and movies are from my file named "sample music" whitch is just 2 songs that came with the computor. I have tried to import/copy music from my itunes play list 900 differant ways and I am dumb founded. What am I missing? Or how do you all get your music to work?

Thanks Curt

P.S. I am using a PC incase you missed it.

Hmm..Was just able to do it by clicking import Audio, navigate to my 'legal' music folder, pick a song which is then added to the larger window.

Then drag song down to the audio bar near the bottom of the program. This is done in the timeline "view".

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    Hmm..Was just able to do it by clicking import Audio, navigate to my 'legal' music folder, pick a song which is then added to the larger window.

Then drag song down to the audio bar near the bottom of the program. This is done in the timeline "view".

Hope that helps.
    hmmmm, itunes is not legal? hmmmm, paid money for the music, its in my music library, should be able to use it! But it won't transfer. How are you getting your music loaded into your music file?

Unhappy iTunes

PM Sent...

Here's the rub.
    iTunes (aka Apple) needed to make a way to reduce the possibility of copyright infringement on downloaded music -- they didn't want to go the way of Napster.

So, the downloaded music is encoded in a slightly different format... something which only iTunes or iPod type player will recognize.

In essence you are attempting to import copyrighted music into your slideshow... and I'm sure that on some TECHNICAL point of the law it isn't legal... although done EVERYDAY by nearly anyone with the tools.

I concur with Stogey. I have a "Ipod library" and a "Windows Library".
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

Default Itune versus Windows....file format

If you are using Itune and all of your music is in the Itunes format, then you will not be able to use these tunes in Windows Movie Maker. You will need to use a music file converter to convert your music files to mp3 or wma.

I use windows media player with my ipod, and the program that I use to do this you will find at the link below. It sure comes in handy only having to keep music in one format, one library, and all in one place.

http://www.mgtek.com/dopisp/

If you need a quick and handy music converter, just let me know and I will find the link to the one I use, you just have to right click the file and choose your format. Just don't have that information with me...

Hope this helps.