Thread: decoys

Default decoys

I am getting some GHG geese decoys from Sportsmans Warehouse sometime this week, they are the lessers with flocked heads and motion poles. Anyone got any reports or comments (good, bad, in-between) about those? I have used the Bigfoot decoys in dairy fields in the past and they have done great but the selection up here in Squarbanks isnt very big. Thanks for any info.

"Squarebanks" eh? Hmmmm, maybe some of your pardners in Texass could send some up via KC135???

The GHC decoys look nice, but they don't hold up like a Big Foot.

Quote Originally Posted by barleydog View Post
    "Squarebanks" eh? Hmmmm, maybe some of your pardners in Texass could send some up via KC135???

Yes that is the big town of Squarbanks. I wish it was that easy to get my PARDNERS back home to send them to me, but I could get another box of decoys for cheaper than the shipping would be. But I guess if they were comming on a tanker then there would be no shipping cost. Great idea, I think I will go talk to "the man" and see if I can get that done before season.

The GHG do look very nice, hopefully they hold up (seems I dont have much of a choice unless barleydog's idea works)

Thanks for the info

barleydog....keep the good ideas comming

Pick up a 6 slot decoy bag (sometimes it comes with them) and they will be fine. The flocking on the GHG is tougher than you think. I have some lesser flocked head floaters that I just keep in a decoy bag that gets tossed around and i haven't had any trouble. I know the Sportsman's Warehouse in Anchorage wasn 't selling the Bigfoot decoys and a few others and ended up sending them back and keeping the GHG decoys.

Default Final Approach!

Yes, get the slotted bags and use a sock over the flocked heads to keep them nicer. Still isn't perfect. Also make sure you keep the flocking clean. Once it gets dirty, it is hard to get back to black.

To be totally honest, the absolute best decoys out there IMHO are the Final Approach dekes. If you've ever seen them, you'll know what I mean. They look awesome and hold up better. I used to be a Big Foot fan, but they don't hold a candle to the new FA stuff.

Default Bag The Heads

FLOCKERS , WORTH THE TIME TO THROW THEM IN A ZIP LOCK BAG.