Thread: Fishing in Seldovia

Default Fishing in Seldovia

Hey folks, I am going to be heading down to Seldovia for the Fourth of July, and I was wondering what my non-boat fishing options were going be. Is there a Sockeye run there? Any chance for some kings? trout? If anyone has any info, shoot it my way, I would be very appreciative.

Default Fishing in Seldovia

Yeah there will be some fishing in Seldovia. There are some planted kings in the slough swimming in and out with the tide. You can use the usual techniques, but it is also open to snagging so be prepared. You can fish around the bridge and up the slough towards the airport.

There may also be some pinks starting to show up, and some of the smaller creeks will have dollies in them.

Good Luck,
    Scott

ps I will also be heading to Seldovia over the 4th weekend as well as about a couple of hundred other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskaclimber View Post
    Hey folks, I am going to be heading down to Seldovia for the Fourth of July, and I was wondering what my non-boat fishing options were going be. Is there a Sockeye run there? Any chance for some kings? trout? If anyone has any info, shoot it my way, I would be very appreciative.
    You can rent ATV's in Seldovia and use them to check out the local creeks for Pinks. However, the ATV's may already be booked.
    Last edited by Steelieguy; 06-30-2008 at 19:12. Reason: spelling

There's gonna be low tides on the 2nd thru the 4th. So bring your clamming gear.

Default Any Sockeye?

I think I remember reading somewhere that there are also Reds down there? Is that the case?