Thread: Kings River 29 June 08 Good views, times and MUD

Default Kings River 29 June 08 Good views, times and MUD

We went up to Kings River today. It was a really BEAUTIFUL day to ride. We went as far back as we could go I'm guessing cause there wan't anymore trail, made a left and went UP the mountain, ate some lunch and headed back.

Lots of nasty stinky MUD

Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

This is beautiful. We are fairly new ATV owners and are not familiar with Kings River. Where is this? We'd love to take a ride this weekend. Great pics by the way!

Default Sent P.M.

Sent you a P.M.

I checked the inbox....it wasn't there. Wassup?

I was referring to Collins, but sent it to you too anyway.

Could you send me that info as well please? Is there any fishing out that way as well...ride in, fish, camp, beer, fish, sleep, fish, ride out a few days later. Those trips are fun.
    Missing the greatest state in the Union!

Quote Originally Posted by collinsclan2000 View Post
    This is beautiful. We are fairly new ATV owners and are not familiar with Kings River. Where is this? We'd love to take a ride this weekend. Great pics by the way!
    Right in downtown Sutton. On the Glenn Hwy, the trailhead is right where Kings River goes under the Hwy. There is parking on both sides of the river and both sides of the Hwy. Not a very long ride, but good enough for a few hours.

Kings River is at the bottom.Theres 3 different main legs up there, 1 is ruby lake, theres red mountain and 1 takes you in about 11 miles, the view is great. 1 leg is rocky as hell, expect some dents.

Ruby lake has fish, definately a great weekend trip becuase most people camp out along the road at the base of the trail. I'd be more than happy to show you around, or even hatcher pass aw well. I camp out of my polaris ranger on the trail most of the time, gets you away from the crowds that way.

More pics of my last trip...http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...Kings%20River/
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

A lot of people don't know that just before the dead end on the Kings River trail there is another trail that dips down to the upper stretches of Kings river. The decline is steep, there are a few very nasty mudholes that will require winching no matter what machine you ride or tires you sport. A very fun ride and you can make a long day trip out of Kings River.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    A lot of people don't know that just before the dead end on the Kings River trail there is another trail that dips down to the upper stretches of Kings river. The decline is steep, there are a few very nasty mudholes that will require winching no matter what machine you ride or tires you sport. A very fun ride and you can make a long day trip out of Kings River.
    Does that trail run into Permanente trail? I saw the trail you are talking about while looking back on Kings River trail. It went down into some trees and I couldn't see where it came out. We didn't check that area out because one of the guys with us was tired so we headed back.

Default Need Advice...

Thoughts anyone?

We are looking for the best place to go next weekend that is family friendly for ATV's (my 4 y/o just got his first 90cc) and would like to ride, camp and fish next weekend.

It appears that ruby lake may be an excellent choice, how is the fishing? Would be using a small raft for a three and four year-old to catch a few trout; does anyone have any advice or better suggestion?

Thanks, I just love this site!

Default Need Advice...

Thoughts anyone?

We are looking for the best place to go next weekend that is family friendly for ATV's (my 4 y/o just got his first 90cc) and would like to ride, camp and fish next weekend.

It appears that ruby lake may be an excellent choice, how is the fishing? Would be using a small raft for a three and four year-old to catch a few trout; does anyone have any advice or better suggestion?

Thanks, I just love this site!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHinER View Post
    Does that trail run into Permanente trail? I saw the trail you are talking about while looking back on Kings River trail. It went down into some trees and I couldn't see where it came out. We didn't check that area out because one of the guys with us was tired so we headed back.

I wanna say no, but don't know for sure. We ran that trail for about 10 miles give or take. We never did reach the end of the trail and it seemed to keep going strong. It paralleled the river running north for quite awhile, we could hear the river but couldn't see it. A locked front end is almost mandatory for that hill when you're coming back up.