Thread: Change in the Board of Game

Default Change in the Board of Game

ADF&G released news on friday that Mike Fleagle had resigned from the Board of Game. He was the Board chair. He accepted a position as the chair of the Federal Subsistence Board. It will be interesting to see how someone so familiar with state management directs the feds in management on fed lands.
    This gives Murkowski one more opening to appoint a new BoG member.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Interesting. Didn't see anything in the ADN or on the state's website about this. I see two potential upshots: Fleagle won't be able to implement any additional predator control programs now that he is not on the BOG and if Murkowski loses the primary there is no way the legislature will confirm his replacement for Fleagle.

The Fbks Daily Newsminer has the story.
    Fleagle is only one member of the BoG. It takes at least 4 of the 7 member board to approve any plan/proposal/etc. ADF&G is who "implements" any program, including pred control. According to the newsminer article, the gov is looking for someone with similiar views on pred control.
    Once The appointment is made by murkowski, the outcome of the gov's election is irrelevant to whether or not the legis. approves the appointment. The legis makes their own decisions. That's been shown several times over the years.
    I could definately see if Tony Knowles becomes gov again.........all pred control programs will be halted until further "study"!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!