Thread: Any Willow Creek reports?

Default Any Willow Creek reports?

I have been wondering about Willow Creek since there seems to be a few fish showing up at Sheep Creek.

Anyone have a report?
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Where the wind is born

I believe there was a 54 pounder weighed for the derby yesterday 6-28.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouthead View Post
    I believe there was a 54 pounder weighed for the derby yesterday 6-28.
    about ****ed time!!!

Default willow

Fished it yesterday. Did a lot of searching and finally found 1 little spot with a couple kings. Took home a half blushed 20 lb hen. Saw a couple people down at the mouth hook up, but there were lots of people down there. Various rafters reports: one said he'd only seen one fish from the highway down, another told me 3 were seen and another guided group only saw 4 in several days. I've never seen so few fish there this time of year. We'll see. . . .

soon to be back in Alaska

Not Willow but I caught a 18 pound king at montana and my buddy got a 34 pounder. on saturday. Fishing was slow. We fished the opener till 3am and did not see a fish caught. It picked up a little about 9 and when we left at noon 6 had been caught including our 2.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

Willow, AK

Default successful

Fished mouth of Willow Sunday night 11pm to 12:30 am Monday with dad and brother. I hooked up 11:50, pulled out, again at 11:59, landed a 30ish hen in very good condition. Dad and bro landed cookie cutter 18#ers about 12:30, dime bright, just past sea lice condition. I saw about a dozen others during that hour, and all were very bright. It was a good push of new fish, very encouraging this time of year. It didn't feel like a school of thousands, but today should really tell the tale; at least there's still ocean bright fish showing up!