Thread: Russian season & bag limit extended...

Default Russian season & bag limit extended...

6 per day in the russian/ffo area, and season extended to laber day (9-04)..

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...-1-46-06EO.pdf

FISH ONNNN!!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default Russian River Status?

What is the russian like right now, is the water flowing high like the rest of the southcentral streams or is it not as affected by rains?

How many fresh reds are you going to find now?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonMan
    What is the russian like right now, is the water flowing high like the rest of the southcentral streams or is it not as affected by rains?
    Just pull up to grayling parking lot and roll down your window.. Should be able limit out fast
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Fished all day yesterday floating the Upper Kenai from Jim's Landing to Skilak Lake.....saw herds of reds and didn't see any that weren't colored up. The rivers are high and coming up but nothing like what is happening along the Parks Highway.

Trout fishing was fair.....caught about 15 bows and 5 dollies. Largest bow was 27 inches...most on beads....the biggest on a giant black sculpin pattern.

Gray, I was there on wed. and believe it or not fresh reds where fairly abundant..just had to sort thru the tomatoes...
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

You got me hooked at hello. I will be there Tue!!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Exclamation Russian closed to salmon

I think the EO is for the upper Kenai FFO section and the Russian closes to salmon at the normal date (today). I fished it 3 days last week and found some times of the day day with plenty of chromers/other days all very red reds....At opening bell a few holes had mostly chromers.

Default Correct

I should have said Russian river ferry....down to powerline..I BELIEVE the russian remains open for coho though I could be mistaken...

Smile Russian silvers

Oops-I meant reds only as well! Silvers should still be open! I saw only a few this past week but they were good sized....

Default Updates

Any updates on the Upper Kenai? Is it blown out to the point you can't bank fish the FF only area?

Silvers are in thick in the Russian, chrome ones too. Dollies in their with em. Have fun. I can fish all day down there. One recommendation from experience. You don't have to jump into the hole where everyone else is. Silvers are in many holes up and down the river. Also, I was in the river a few days ago and it was not affected like the Mat-Su area. Still clearwater, though a little higher. Hope you all get out there and have some fun. I will be down there a few more times this year.