Thread: Upper Kenai Rapids

Arrow Upper Kenai Rapids

With the issues of sweepers and Rapids and all I thought i would post this. The weekend of june 21-22 I floated the upper kenai. We shot video of the princess chute and the rapids at the russian river corner. Ill post the video on here. Nothing great just our hand held digi cam but it can give you a look of what you can expect over the next month or so with the water up. If it helps out 1 person this is worth it. Ill post the 1st video of the chute here and the 2nd video on the next post. Thanks all

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...sq%3D%26dm%3D0
    Last edited by alaskachuck; 06-29-2008 at 11:08. Reason: rotten spelling
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default 2nd video

Here is the 2nd video of the corner at the russian river road

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...sq%3D%26dm%3D0
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default rapids in the canyon

Article in ADN

Published: June 29th, 2008 12:32 AM
    Last Modified: June 29th, 2008 01:20 AM
    Searchers were looking for a missing man Saturday night after a boat carrying five people flipped on the Kenai River, an Alaska State Troopers spokeswoman said.
    The watercraft tipped two miles upriver from Skilak Lake, and the search was concentrated in the area of Jim's Landing, said troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters.
    A state Division of Forestry helicopter was helping in the search, along with two boats from Soldotna-based Central Emergency Services, she said.
    The missing man was identified as David Yanoshek, 56, of Anchorage. He was wearing hip waders but no life jacket, Peters said.
    Yanoshek was with a party of 30 to 35 people, she said.
    Troopers didn't get a call about the trouble until 5:20 p.m., about an hour after the boat flipped, Peters said. Four others on the boat made it ashore, but Yanoshek didn't and was presumed drowned late Saturday, she said.
    She couldn't say what type of boat was involved in the mishap, but the stretch of river below Jim's Landing is popular with rafters and kayakers. It's known as the Kenai Canyon and features some rapids.
    Searchers worked from the accident location downstream to Skilak Lake, Peters said.