Thread: 115 4 strokes which brands?

Default 115 4 strokes which brands?

I have to replace my HONDA 115 hp 4 strokes motors on my boat ( due to submerssion).. I'm deciding on new motors. I'm tempted to go Honda again since my current ones have been great for 600 hours, but the local service is not optimal, so I'd likely go south for the purchase.

Anyone have any thoughts on Honda vs. Yamaha or even suzuki. I'm hearing that the Yamaha's are lighter and also have more power since the HP is measured from the prop? is that true. I figure they'll cost me similar amounts, so I'm factoring cost, performance, and then service availability.

any thoughts?

Default It is a matter of personal preference

I went Suzuki 115 on my 24' Tolman. If I had it to do over again I would stick with Suzuki. No trouble so far. Performance has been OK. Local service in Anchorage has been great at Anchorage Yamaha and Suzuki. George and Bob have treated me right. Helpful and friendly. Great customer service. I bought my kicker there a year after my main. I have no affiliation with them.

With that said I doubt there is a measurable difference in any of the 4 stroke motors. They probably have the same power, reliability, and life. There are lemons in all brands and that is what you hear about.

Why not drain and clean up your current outboards? Drain oil, clean them up and fire them up. Engines are sealed up, at least the Yammis we have are.

I am on my 3rd Yammi F115, yes, my 3rd one. I boat alot, but not as much this summer so far as the price of fuel skyrocketed! They have great power and are very reliable beyond 1000 hours. Suzukis are smaller and a bit lighter than all other brands. Owners are happy with them from what I have seen. My cousin just bought one for his son and likes the power compared to twin 50 Hondas that he has been running.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Suzuki, and if your boat can hanle it, you might want to consider the 140 horse, as it's the same weight as the 115.

But I haven't heard anything bad about any of the 4s 115's, so go with what has the best service around where you are running it.

If you need the dunked 115's hauled to the dump for ya I could take them off your hands

I have a Suzuki 115 on a Woldridge and it has woorked great for two years. Plenty of power and good fuel economy. I even have a 9.9 hp Suzuki that runs great. When I bought mine it was a little cheaper than the others and had great reviews. There is no dealer in the interior so I was very careful about my purchase. I would recomend these motors to any one.