Thread: Husky Owners

Default Husky Owners

For you Husky guys out there.

I am flying out to a sheep hunt. I have a Cabela's pack frame with all my gear in it, a small pack and a 40" bow.

Is it all going to fit well in a Husky? I have flown Super Cubs a few times. Any suggestions? I undersand that weight is really not a problem with the additional h.p. of the Husky.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default My technique

[I undersand that weight is really not a problem with the additional h.p. of the Husky.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that.

Pack you gear in smaller bags (I use dry bags) and then put in you pack. If it won't fit, you unpack it till it does and put the smaller bags you took you into the nooks and crannies. Or on your lap and under your legs. You can get alot more than you need or should have in this way. Just use it to bag all the gear you already have and you'll be fine.
    Maybe you won't have to unpack you Cabelas pack, but should you have to, it'll be easy.
    I hunt out of my airplane 99% of the time and this seems to work well when you are tight on space.

Huskies are known for having limited baggage space when compared to a Cub. Be prepared to take your stuff out of your frame pack so the pack can be tied to the struts, which may be where the pilot prefers it anyway. That advice is the same if the plane is a Supercub.

Default Multibagged

Sounds best to go multi-bagged and leave the extras at the drop-off point. My frame does fit into a Cub. I can't remember all that we jammed into one once, but I remember one of the two, 5-gallon cans leaking gas on my sleeping bag.

Thanks guys!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012