Thread: books???

Question books???

I placed a thread about a month ago on a Bou hunt and someone told me to buy a book here on the forum that would pretty much tell me what I would need to bring up there. SO again if I could get some help on what that book was again...... Without all the "LISTEN THIS TIME!!!" I hear that from the Boss/wife....

Thanks

I did a quick check in the "store" at the top of this page and didn't see the one I was looking for but I used the heck out of "Caribou Hunting" A Guide to Alaska's Herds. It was written by Larry Bartlett.
    EricL

Hunt Alaska Now....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Book

I've found the book "Caribou Hunting" by Larry Bartlett to be very helpful.

I've searched every where looking for that book??? Can use some help...

Default Caribou Hunting

Go to www.pristineventures.com and click on Books & Videos. I think it's the first one on the list.

The books part of this site has several books that might be worthwhile including the books by Marc Taylor and the one suggested by Alaska Gray.

Good luck - I hate caribou - whichis why I keep hunting them - feast or famine and for me, it's usually famine.
    Last edited by Phil; 06-30-2008 at 17:42. Reason: Spelling

Thanks Phill. Should have it in about 3 weeks or less.
    Now what about this american bush pilot company. Or who is a good guide that can take us out. Don't us foreigners have to have a guide to hunt in Alaska....?

Default Guides

Yes, non-resident aliens (you're from Mars??) have to hire a guide. I have no suggestions for guides since I'm a do-it-yourself type.

However, either Mike Strahan (who posts regularly on this forum) or Larry Bartlett (Pristine Ventures) should be able to help you out. I recommend that you contact one or both.

Unfortunately, hiring a guide is going to push up the price of a hunt - but it will be worth every penny. Alaska is like no other place that I have ever hunted - and I've hunted many states, Canada, and Africa.

Like I said - Good Luck.

Chris Batin also has a good hunting book. Called Hunting in Alaska or something like that.