Thread: Busy day!!

Default Busy day!!

Well I launched a craigslist blitz to change the focus of my gear that has so far been BIG stuff. Well with my wife showing a growing intrest in the backcountry I found it necessary to lighten the load if you will! First on the block was my Cabela Alaknak II tent and stove. This was a very hard decision for me and I may come to regret it but I am not going to second guess myself now. Next went our cabin wood stove, we don't own a cabin yet so right now it is just 150lbs of cast iron sitting in my shed anyway. Last was the easiest to let go of as I don''t get emotional over apliances and I won't miss our small refridgerator and builder spec dishwasher. They young couple with no kids will be much better served with it as it was good stuff.
    Now here is why I am general discussioning in the gear forum. I got the majority of the stuff sold and wasted no time clicking that green box at the top of this page and dialing the number on the "website". Well the boys at barneys were more than happy to place my order for a new Hilleberg Nallo 4 GT. I have a paid in full order for my new pack and that was enough for them to go ahead and place my tent order since I won't be able to get over there with cash till Monday afternoon.
    The only down fall is it would take more than a miracle for the tent to be here before the 4th but perhaps one more trip with the old eureka pack and tent will be good for nastalgia. I also will finally be able to pay off my Pentax PF65 EDA II at boonies!! I think that I will have just enough left to buy the backpacks my kids are soooo excited about getting. Now if someone would just come by and take this old grand cherokee off my hands I will be headed back to Boonies to pick up a Tikka 270wsm. Sorry to be all over the place but I am excited! I will give my reviews of the Nallo 4 GT and spotter soon. Hopefully I will have some sweet pics to show as well! If you gather anything from this so far it should be that the folks at Barney's are the best!

Sounds like your having too much fun there LuJon
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Ahh you have the addiction to new gear... there is no known cure....

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by coasty View Post
    Ahh you have the addiction to new gear... there is no known cure....

Jason
    You sir are correct
    Like a junkie I got up today with all this gear $$$ and my patience was gone I paced around thinking that I should wait till monday to stop in at Boondocks and pay off my lay away tab so I could finally take my new spotter home. Well the more I thought about waiting till monday the more I paced and couldn't sit still. It became obviouse that I was goining through gear withdrawl and needed a fix... So I hopped into the econo box that chevy insists is "safe" (nothing that small can be safe @ 70mph!) and sped off toward Eagle River with my oldest boy along for company.
    A short time later we walked through the front door of my favorite fire arms emporium and I was greeted immediately with the usual "anything I can help you with" as I walked through the door. I am here to finally pay off my layaway! I responded with a sort af awkward excitement more akin to a teenage boy purchasing prophylactics than a grown man paying for a spotting scope.
    After a short wait the great staff began parading out the boxes containing my wares. I had handled this gear numerous times but it was allways demo models so finally after months of waiting (I ordered it all at the Sportsmans show) I was handeling MY scope and MY tripod. I hastilly handed over the remaining $500+ that was required to zero out my tab before scooping up the assorted boxes and hauling them out to my poor excuse for economic transportation. As any junkie can attest I immediately began carefully seperating items from their packages and assembling them right there in front of the store. As my scope began to take shape from the assorted pieces the uncontrolled shakes I had been undergoing since pulling into the lot finally began to subside.
    Once everything was together the only logical next step was to find a place to actually use it! Since Brian M had recently given me directions to the trail up Baldy I figured I wouldn't find a better excuse to go look for it. Well the directions were spot on and the view though overcast was great. So far the scope is everything I had hoped for and I can finally concentrate. Thanks snyd I really feel you have pointed me toward the best scope for the $$!

All weights are in pounds/ounces/fractions of ounces

Congrats there LuJon. Nice little package, you'll enjoy it. Much nicer though when is got a lens full of sheep! Won't be long now!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Nice set up LuJon....

Jason