Thread: Pinks, Pinks, Pinks !!!!!!!!! REPORT

Default Pinks, Pinks, Pinks !!!!!!!!! REPORT

Just got back from a trip to Valdez. We went about 12 miles and got into the pinks. Lots of them. It was a blast on light gear casting spoons.

Does anyone else have any idea if I could get them out of Seward or Whittier this weekend???
    I would love to get the kids on some pinks, But dont want the 5.5 hour drive.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default pinks

Sounds like fun! Any idea when they get in as close as Alison Point? They are a blast to fish on the fly out of a kayak. Not even too bad eating out of the salt if you're camping down there.

Default They are in the bay

Caught a few inside the bay! They are showing up inside. I bet by next week the bay will be loaded.
    Still hope to find some closer to anchorage!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Yes

Yes they are almost in. I saw one jump this morning near the security zone. They are jumping all the way out to Galena Bay, as far as I went. No indication on the size of the run yet.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

They are starting to catch pinks and a few silvers out by pony cove. I have been fishing out there for the past couple of weeks. A couple more and the pinks will be in the bay and silvers starting to show in good numbers out by pony cove.

Default Shore fishing for pinks

Sounds like spoons on light tackle is the best bet for the pinks. Looking at heading down to Valdez on monday and want to do some fishing from shore. Last year we chartered and got into the silvers ok. Wanting to avoid the charter this year and just fish for pinks from shore. Any ideas on where I might be able to slay these fish? Any advice for tackle would be appreciated as well.

Default Not yet

I don't think you are going to get any from shore yet. They are in the middle of the port, which means they have 10 miles or so before they hit Allison Point. I will keep you posted though.

Default Thanks Daveinthebush

Thanks for getting back so quick. Anything biting from shore? or do I have to bite the bullet and get on a charter?

Default None

I know of no one that charters for pinks. I will keep my eyes open though.

Default Charter

Sorry Daveinthebush, I didn't mean a charter for the pinks. If I go out I would hunt coho, fighting pinks from shore would be fun. Thanks for all the tips