Thread: New puppy

Default New puppy

Here are some pictures of my new Chesapeake pup, No-Name-Yet. She's a sweetie & hellion all in one.

Karen

Looks like a real cute one there 3cbrs.

Where did you get her? She is beautiful!

Default Puppy Chow !

THATS ABOUT HAS CLOSE TO A SPIT FIRE AS YOU CAN GET.
    CAN YOU IMAGINE SENDING HER ON THE COMMAND SPIT !!! DON'T SLIP!
    LOOKS LIKE MR Fs LINE ? GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PUP AND HAPPY
    TRAINING!!!!!!

She is a sweet heart all right. Please can anyone tell me what tugs at the heart more than seeing our hunting buddies with a mouth full of bird on the return trip to you?

As to naming her, keep it short and a name you can punch when you send her, makes the best call name.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Thanks!! Don't get a chance to post much here. She came from Colorado & is from AFC Hurricane's Express Courier x Bur Oak's Neutron Meg (qualified all-age). We're having fun & almost had forgotten how much I enjoy working with puppies!

Karen

Sounds like some hot breeding. Our you doing puppy trials with her? I like her looks, does this breeding have any Sunshine Sue in it? The head and back lines remind me of Sue. Have you tested her memory yet?

Have you pick her call name yet?

She reminds me of a female (they don't let me use the "B" word) I used to have, She has the same intensity in her look.

Wonderful looking pup.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Big Al ! Her call name is Minto, from the Athabascan word Menhti (pronounced Minty), which means "Among the lakes". Never got into the Alaska theme names for past Chesapeakes, but the name fits this pup. Her pedigree doesn't include Sunshine Sue, but she goes back the S and S's Sunshine Meg, Rock Honeybear of the Yukon, Gambler's Dilwyn Stacked Deck, Coot's Gypsy Clipper, Blackberry Springs Berry, etc. Pedigree is at http://www.chessiedb.org/cgi-bin/tri...mit=Create+Now

We're not doing trials yet, but work with her daily & she did go to FRC's AKC hunt tests in June (I judged all 3 days). She's learning to do basic puppy doubles, swim, do short obedience/leash (sit with voice or whistle, here, heel) sessions, plus go for walks. Will see how things go, find out over time if she's got the right stuff for trials, and will definitely try not to screw up this one!!

Karen

Hot stuff. I see she has a lot of Parker's breeding in her back ground.

FC, AFC
    Elijah's Sunshine Sally
    Dark Brown
    1976/06/04
    AKC:SB993436
    Studbook:2-79
    OFA:0622/24-G
    CERF:378/83-82
    COI:12.3%

It never got better than that. Where did you get the hot stuff from, will they repeat the breeding?

You will have to forgive me, I get excited by breeding with strong field trial back ground. I see a lot of it in her pedigree.

I would bet she will be a handful (is, would probably be more correct).

She looks to be everything I would want in a pup. I would like to watch her in the puppy trials. If you have her past the puppy paddling stage, If not I would swim her every day before the water gets to hard. Are you aiming for her to be a derby dog?

Thank you for the pedigree posting. She will be one to watch.

Default re:Minto

Don't know if Keith will repeat the breeding, but thanks! I was excited when seeing the upcoming pups listed too, and couldn't be more pleased. Minto learned to swim in early July without the puppy splashing, but the monsoon rains up here slowed down the training. She's growing like a weed & sure has some legs!

Karen