Thread: Club Ride coming up fast!

Default Club Ride coming up fast!

Don't forget about the AOD Club ride coming up on the 19th of July! For those that don't know or have forgotten, see the sticky thread in the general section.

Hope to see you all there!

Curt

T minus 7 days! This time next week all who come will be on the trail to FUN!

If I don't head down to the Gulkana on Saturday I should be able to make the ride. Will know something by Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    T minus 7 days! This time next week all who come will be on the trail to FUN!
    Maybe I missed it but where is the exact route you will be following and where will you be camping?

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Maybe I missed it but where is the exact route you will be following and where will you be camping?
    look in the general section at the sticky, it's all in there.

Part of this was taken from the sticky.....

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    The route of the trip starts at the big gravel pit about 1 mile past the road house, from there we head towards Monument MT. once at the "4 way" we hang a left into cottonwood Cr. trail through the mountains and down to "Flat Cr." we follow flat Cr. down to the "Little Nelchina river" at the backside base of Monument mt. From there we head up the Little Nel to "horse pasture pass" up and over and down to the "Little Oshetna river" this is where we will have the first camp (Saturday night). Next day we will head up "Fox Cr." to "Tyone Cr." and down the tyone to the base of Monument mt. there we will camp for Sunday night. 3 day we will head straight up monument and out to the parking lot on Monday.

This trip is not that difficult, I've seen kids do this during hunting season all the time. The 2 biggest obstacles would be the crossing of "Little Nelchina River" if the water is high, if so we can go up stream to where it braids out and cross no problem. The other one would be climbing "Monument Mt.", it's long and steep but very doable and if there is part of the group that feels they can't or don't want to climb it, I would be more then happy to take that group out going back up "Flat Cr."
    From last Saturday, as we were coming out of flat creek the Arctic Cat side by side that passed us was coming back in from Lil Nell. They said they were going to try and go out towards the Horse pasture but Lil Nell was UP on the western side (so, left of flat creek). I'm hoping that within a week, it goes down. Monument was NO problem at all. It looks like there has been some work done to it since I was out there over a year ago. There was even a bucket loader and dump truck (with street tires) about half way up where it kinda levels out. Cottonwood trail was washed out in a few places but nothing really disasterous. We just went around it.
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHinER View Post
    Part of this was taken from the sticky.....

From last Saturday, as we were coming out of flat creek the Arctic Cat side by side that passed us was coming back in from Lil Nell. They said they were going to try and go out towards the Horse pasture but Lil Nell was UP on the western side (so, left of flat creek). I'm hoping that within a week, it goes down. Monument was NO problem at all. It looks like there has been some work done to it since I was out there over a year ago. There was even a bucket loader and dump truck (with street tires) about half way up where it kinda levels out. Cottonwood trail was washed out in a few places but nothing really disasterous. We just went around it.
    Cool! Thanks for the update, see you this weekend! I will be there friday night after work.

The route of the trip starts at the big gravel pit about 1 mile past the road house, from there we head towards Monument MT. once at the "4 way" we hang a left into cottonwood Cr. trail through the mountains and down to "Flat Cr." we follow flat Cr. down to the "Little Nelchina river" at the backside base of Monument mt. From there we head up the Little Nel to "horse pasture pass" up and over and down to the "Little Oshetna river" this is where we will have the first camp (Saturday night). Next day we will head up "Fox Cr." to "Tyone Cr." and down the tyone to the base of Monument mt. there we will camp for Sunday night. 3 day we will head straight up monument and out to the parking lot on Monday.

You do realize that turning at 4 corners will add over a hour and a half to the trip if your final destination is the LO via Horsepasture. It's way faster and shorter to go down Monument and then up the LN. Turning at 4 corners you'll come out where Flat Creek enters the LN, then you'll look less than a mile downstream to the trail up Monument and realize you just spent half a day to go a mile Plus if you go down monument and the LN is too high to go upriver to Horsepasture you can just cross the LN and head to Tyone.
    Also just to clarify, once you go over Horsepasture and drop down to the LO it's about only a mile to the Red Fox Creek trail, this trail goes over to the headwaters of Red Fox Creek and you travel down Red Fox to where it flows into the Tyone Creek.
    Also you can't go down Tyone to the base of Monument like you state in your second to the last sentence It goes nowhere near Monument, you will have to head overland from Tyone to the LN which is under monument. I know, ya luv me.